Ta-49 Or Te-44

Stuie said:
According to Full Throttle Speed...

The 49/44 units are lazy enough that some customers complain about lag when they do not upgrade the converter.

Only customers that are too lazy to tune their cars properly. Rather than buy a new converter or turbo, could have gone back to an old Garrett turbine housing.

By saying something is "stronger in the midrange" they are basically admitting it is "weaker on the top end" than a 44/49.

Set on "Kill", my car's TA49 is a light switch. There is no "midrange".

Stuie said:
According to Full Throttle Speed...

Best Street Turbo for Turbo Buick EVER!
The New GT3255E is the best street tubo we have ever used on a turbo Buick. Fast spooling and much stronger midrange than the the old TA49/TE44 turbos that it replaces. You truely will not need a torque converter upgrade with this one. The 49/44 units are lazy enough that some customers complain about lag when they do not upgrade the converter.

I've pulled a best 60ft of 1.61 on an unopen motor with stock D5. Unfortunately I snapped my axle the next run. What is the fastest anyone has gone with the GT5255E? Lots of guys running mid 11's with the 44/49 and some have dipped into the 10's although rare.

I feel the same about 3255 is a downgrade and the 6131 is an upgrade from the 44. That's exactly why I just sold mine and bought the 6131. Not that I run the strip,just want know it's there if I decide to :)

UNGN said:
Only customers that are too lazy to tune their cars properly. Rather than buy a new converter or turbo, could have gone back to an old Garrett turbine housing.

By saying something is "stronger in the midrange" they are basically admitting it is "weaker on the top end" than a 44/49.

Set on "Kill", my car's TA49 is a light switch. There is no "midrange".
Gotta agree on the TA-49. It spooled well b4 going to the Vig 3200, I just couldn't hold the boost on the line as easily. You just have to do your homework on these cars, or you'll never know the full potential of anything you hang on them. ;)

Steve V said:
I feel the same about 3255 is a downgrade and the 6131 is an upgrade from the 44. That's exactly why I just sold mine and bought the 6131. Not that I run the strip,just want know it's there if I decide to :)
how is the 6131 want to get it just want feedback also did you try out your catch can?

The 6131 is in the mail,hopefully I'll get for next weekend. I haven't mounted the Ebay catch can yet,but I have an AMW catch can on the GN so I know it works. This one is for the T. I wish it was smaller though,still thinking bout where to monut it without running hose all over the engine bay. :)