TA aluminum block

mustgofaster

I am considering a ta block and was wondering what all is involved in running one of these blocks. How much machine work is involved. Can I run a stroker kit from gn1, and will my parts off my 109 bolt up like my ta headers and 14 bolt heads. any input is appreciated.

Like any aftermarket engine block, the TA alum block has to be prepared properly for reliable performance. A shop that has experience building alum race blocks will be familiar with the proper machine methods and tolerances.

For example, the cylinder liners are not cast iron, but are made of harder material which requires a special hone and method.

The normal bore size is 3.90, but a 3.80 liner is available. Certainly the larger bore is very beneficial to performance.

If the proper size piston is selected, a stroker kit can be used.

Since the basic design is from a stage II block, 14 bolt heads stock style heads can be used.

If you are serious about a TA Block I would difinitely give Nick a call! I could not be more happier with my TA block from Nick!!

I'm having one built by Kenny Dutweiller now he has my 109 block using crank, rods new pistons, gm front cover, stock ported intake, new ta heads. he said it takes a diffrent cam. take it to someone that knows. save the problems have it done right the first time