You can type here any text you want

TA block questions.........

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m6z

Are all you guys running TA aluminum motors still using the stock type oiling system or have you change over to the Duttweiler type oiling system? Thanks in advance.

Just trying to compare the pros and cons of the TA vs the Stage 2 blocks.

m6z

I have used a stock oiling system on a customer's car and a 3 stage drysump setup with a 4 vane moroso air pump on mine. No problems. Beautiful block.

At what point should you consider the external or dry sump systems? Low 10's, 9's, 8's.

I'm looking at doing a stage 2 with stage heads and a sheet metal intake. Single turbo. Car will be street driven more then its at the track.

At what point should you consider the external or dry sump systems? Low 10's, 9's, 8's.

I'm looking at doing a stage 2 with stage heads and a sheet metal intake. Single turbo. Car will be street driven more then its at the track.

The deciding factor for me was when I slid through the traps at Carsbad, practically sideways at around 100 mph with all tires coated with a mix of coolant and engine oil. That was after blowing a hole in the pan and block at 3/4 track. That will make you install the SAFEST oiling system out there. Believe me.

Luckily, the car straightened itself out.

Back