TA heads vs. GN1 heads

Oops, just noticed the date of your reply.
Lol yea that was before I bought mine. So now I have a set of SEs that look just as good. Hopefully someday they will actually sit on top of a fully assembled short block lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Champion heads are in transit such be here soon,at 600 lift the intake flow 261.7, exhaust 200 but the kicker is the flow number are really nice between 300 to 600. I am very pleased to have a set of heads turned around in 1 week,

If you plot the area under the curve, you *may* find that a head with less max flow will produce more power. Understand the fascination with flow numbers, and just like dyno numbers, I have yet to see someone race flow benches or dyno's. Lol

It's all about the combo, if you have the compression, turbo and injectors the more air equals more power. Ask any woman bigger is better lol......

It comes down to the actual work done to the heads. I’ve seen both flow a lot more than 99% of people’s engines are capable of. Random flow numbers from different people don’t help with comparison. All the ported GN1 heads as they come will flow a lot and are really good at low lift. The blending in the bowl area is very good and very consistent. I’ve handled a lot of them and they always perform as expected. I saw a set of aluminum heads from TA performance that were ported locally and they also kicked ass. They had a lot of work done to them. Huge gains were made on the exhaust side over the out of the box heads. Flow on the intake will be pretty much limited to the size of the valve. You’re not coming in with a 1.77” headed valve and flowing more air than a properly worked head with a 1.94” valve. The 1.94” will crush it everywhere. Some have flown on small valves. The heads weren’t the difference on those engines. They had a mechanically much more efficient engine and most of all they pushed their engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another point to consider when looking a flow numbers and the end use of the heads. How the valve jog is cut.....A valve job with steeper angle grind will pick up flow and give higher numbers and is fine for race but is NOT good for a street car/longevity.....Its a trade off

The GNR heads i thought would use the NGK 5671 plugs same as my GN1 heads however i was surprised to find out they don't fit. I had a box of AUTOLITE 4133 leftover from my stage2 heads to my surprise they fit perfectly, small world.

Brian what spark plugs to use for GNR heads in NGK OR AUTOLITE

The last engine that came through here with an R head had a smaller thread. Iirc it was 13mm. I used whatever plugs were in it and I can’t remember what they were. I run Brisk racing resistor plugs in most engines these days when power density gets up over 125hp/hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk