Tach flutter with Progressive Alky kit...

TiClone

I'm running, AFPR, walbro fuel pump, Razor's Progressive Alky kit, ultimate v7, ATR aux cooler kit & cat-back. Everything else relavent is stock: turbo, heads, cam, injectors, convertor.

I'm getting tach flutter around 4k rpm. The alky kit is stock out of the box.
Chip setting is t1-16. The Fuel pressure is about 38psi.

Can anyone tell me where I should start tuning.

I'm going to run a DM scan on it tomorrow.

Two things to check. One is on the SY/TY trucks, bad ignition system can cuase this. To isolate the alky kit, run a wire from the battery + or back of alternator to supply power to the red wire with spade terminal. 10-16 guage and use a fuse like 15-20 amp.

Some vehicles can sometimes exhibit scan tool abnormalities when using an AI kit.. not just mine. Worst case scenario has been running a relay switched power source from battery + or back of alternator.

Case in point is turbolink users can sometimes get abnormalities when power is sourced from fuse box.

Another solution posted on SYTY.net some time ago was adding a small capaitor like 470uf or 1000uf 16-25volt rated across the red/black wires going to the PAC. Not the pump wires, the power wires. If you want to try the cap idea, contact me and i'll send you one N/C.

If you need the wiring diagram for a relay switched power source email me.

Here is the simplified version, 5 terminal 30 amp automotive relay.

30 batt
87 PAC
85 GND
86 ign on fuse box.

Post back..ok :)

Hey Julio, can you send me the wiring diagram please?

And the capacitor, can I pick that up a Radio Shack or an electrical hardware store?