You can type here any text you want

Tailight fuse

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

souljasmooth

Does anybody know what can cause the tailight fuse to keep blowing? I just noticed it the last two times I tried to take my car out at night. I would start it up, and try to turn the headlights on. Both times the headlights wouldnt work, so I checked the fuses. The only one blown is the tailight fuse. As soon as I replaced the tailight fuse, my headlights would work perfectly. That is until I start the car up again. Where should I start with this? Thanks!!

Does anyone know what size fuse should be in the Tail light spot. Right now I have a 20 amp fuse in there, but it seems a little small.

There may be a bad bulb in there somewhere.Find out which 1 and replace it

I started my car up again yesterday, and the new fuse I put in it is fine, so now I am really confused. the 20 amp fuse in it seems a little small, so I put a 25 amp fuse in, and no problems at all. Does anyone know what size fuse was in there stock? I will check the bulbs, but if they are bad, wouldnt it blow the fuse all the time?

I just checked mitchell and they show the # 7 fuse for tail lamps is a 20 amp fuse.I would not put a bigger fuse in its spot.It sounds like there is a problem with the turn signal switch. replaced alot of them when I worked for chevy.Mess with turn sig switch and see if fuse blows.Is there an aftermarket alarm installed?If so it should be wired into light switch and there may be a problem there. hope this helps. good luck

Thanks for the info. So far after I put the 25 amp fuse it, it does not blow anymore. Actually I had a 20 amp fuse in yesterday, and couldnt get it to blow. Yes it has an aftermarket alarm. I will have to check where it is wired to. I recently put new marker/side bulbs in, and serviced my headlights(replaced the plastic pieces that keeps them from going up and down). Would that have anything to do with it? The fuses were blowing after I did this.

Thanks for the info. So far after I put the 25 amp fuse it, it does not blow anymore. Actually I had a 20 amp fuse in yesterday, and couldnt get it to blow. Yes it has an aftermarket alarm. I will have to check where it is wired to. I recently put new marker/side bulbs in, and serviced my headlights(replaced the plastic pieces that keeps them from going up and down). Would that have anything to do with it? The fuses were blowing after I did this.

The bulbs could but the little plastic gears would not.

I would check your alarm system and see if there is any corrosion where they probably didn't solder. I would redo all the connections if I were you.

Jason

Back