You can type here any text you want

taking a poll on what tires to buy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cruesix

topless tta
i need to put a new set of sneakers on my convertable and would love to get opinions on what tires to buy..it currently has a set of nittos on it..and definatly dont want these again..all they do is spin forever and they never tack up at all..i was thinking bfg..but really dont know what the best tire for these cars is..let me know what you think :smile:

mickey thompson drag radail!!!!!!!!!! THE ONLY TIRE TO PUT ON A STREET CAR

JMO thanks JD

M&H racemaster all the way! Sub 1.5's here. I win street races against faster cars in my division. I also beat jdsgnx a few times....hehe ;)........ Really whatever you use the car for. How fast is it?

Bo

TT/Ameasap said:
M&H racemaster all the way! Sub 1.5's here. I win street races against faster cars in my division. I also beat jdsgnx a few times....hehe ;)........ Really whatever you use the car for. How fast is it?

Bo

its not that fast maybe a mid 13 ..id like to put something on that i can use on all four...ill mount a set of slicks on some spare rims for the track
Dan

Go with yokohamas or falkens in the front and mt's in the rear. The hookup is amazing with the mt's and you wont get a smoother running tire. No whine road noise. When balanced correctly its like riding on liquid. I've used both of the above and prefer the yoko's. They worked well in the little bit of rain I drove it in.....

HTH!

As far as slicks at the track the mt will hold the power you have.

trading t/a said:
Go with yokohamas or falkens in the front and mt's in the rear. The hookup is amazing with the mt's and you wont get a smoother running tire. No whine road noise. When balanced correctly its like riding on liquid. I've used both of the above and prefer the yoko's. They worked well in the little bit of rain I drove it in.....

HTH!

As far as slicks at the track the mt will hold the power you have.

thanks,that sounds like a good idea :smile: what size are you running in the rear 245 or 255 i also remember seeing a size in the neiborhood of 305 or 315 in a 40 series tire...any thoughts
Dan

I'm running the mt's 255 50 16's, as for a tire larger than the 255 you'll have to get creative with backspacing and maybe a larger rim. You'll get a 315 on there but it'll spill over the rim. Racemaster has them they are 11.5's, I believe. You'll need tubes if you go that route or they'll deflate gradually, and personally look ugly. Go with the mickey thompsaons you wont regret it.

cruesix said:
i need to put a new set of sneakers on my convertable and would love to get opinions on what tires to buy..it currently has a set of nittos on it..and definatly dont want these again..all they do is spin forever and they never tack up at all..i was thinking bfg..but really dont know what the best tire for these cars is..let me know what you think :smile:

For what application?.
If your talking about a street car, that might see any rain, then IMO the BFG KDWS are pretty good.

IMO, if you want to go racing use a race tire, for the street use a tire that can still work in the wet. The minimal tread design tires, are a problem waiting to happen if you get caught in a storm.

bruce said:
For what application?.
If your talking about a street car, that might see any rain, then IMO the BFG KDWS are pretty good.

IMO, if you want to go racing use a race tire, for the street use a tire that can still work in the wet. The minimal tread design tires, are a problem waiting to happen if you get caught in a storm.

definatly a street car..maybe see the track twice a year if lucky.. probably wont see more than 500 miles a year..ive had it for 5 years and put 1500 miles on it since ive owned it.. :eek:

Back