Taking block to machine shop tonight

2 QK 4 U

Banned
Taking it to Dayton Crankshaft on Davis Avenue Dayton, OH.

Prices seem reasonable, does anyone have their engines done there?

I get all my work done there and so do most of the other Buick guys around here. Kevin and Dave know what they are doing.

What are you having done to your engine? I am about an hour and 15 minutes from Dayton and I need a shop to do some engine work for me....

If you live in Dayton, Why don't you go to Ohio George? He has forgotten more about Buick V6's than most people know. AND you'll get to see the world's single biggest collection of V6 Stage 2 engines left in existence.

George's prices are a little higher but he does outstanding work.

Dave

I live in Northern Kentucky. Where is this Ohio George located? I would be interested in talking with him.

Originally posted by steve hughes
I get all my work done there and so do most of the other Buick guys around here. Kevin and Dave know what they are doing.

Thanks. I dropped everything off there last night. Kevin seems to be very knowledgable about 3.8s. I think this is going to turn out pretty good.

Originally posted by ZCore
What are you having done to your engine? I am about an hour and 15 minutes from Dayton and I need a shop to do some engine work for me....

I'm getting the block:

squared
bored
honed
main bored
magged
cleaned
cam bearings installed
balanced (George Montgomery)

Crank polished
Rods resized

I'll probably have them do the shortblock assembly.
Girdle

Dayton Crank 937-253-8137. Tell Kevin & Dave i sent ya.
George Montgomery 937-233-0353. 716 Brantly Ave. Dayton ,Oh 45404. Word of warning. George isn't into tire kickers or price shoppers. If you want it done he'll do it but he won't waste time with you if you just want to B.S.
Both are good to deal with.

Originally posted by 6 to go
You can tell the youngsters - all us old timers
remember Ohio George Mongomery and his
fast Willys dragster!

I may be a youngster. However, I did learn that he is in the Hall of Fame.

I got my car all back together and fired it up Monday night for the first time. I had some complications here and there but it is running great.

I'll definately be using Dayton Crank for future engine work.:D