You can type here any text you want

tall valve cover clearance

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

russ87gn

I just put my new motor in and the pass side valve cover is touching on the plastic for the ac in the back corner is this OK or can I notch the plastic?I don't know the brand of the covers they came with the motor I do have hrparts mounts so I don't think it'll move too much

Is it touching the plastic or just the metal heat shield?? I had to cut the metal heat shield in order for my Champion valve covers to clear....

I'll have to look at it better I guess I don't remember seeing a heat shield I got it bolted in and noticed it was touching I could still get the cover on without problems

I have been mocking my new engine up and my Champion covers touch the heat shield, but they do fit. This is with the iron heads. Are GN1's much taller?

I have been mocking my new engine up and my Champion covers touch the heat shield, but they do fit. This is with the iron heads. Are GN1's much taller?
Not sure...but I couldn't get the champion cover on without cutting the heat shield....and I run the GN1s...

All I have is ported irons I hope all I have to do is cut the heat shield I like the covers I have looks wise

I've got tall valve covers...and this is what I did. I cut down the bolts...but just enuf so they still thread down in the heads. Once you've done this...insert the bolts in the rocker cover...and slide it down over the rockers. It takes some practice.

I had to remove the metal shielding around the heater box on the ones we used aluminum heads on. It did not cause any issues. Never measured the heads but they seem taller or maybe a different angle for the valve cover face.

I took the shield off when I put my new covers on, haven't noticed a difference. http://buickgn.com/valvecovers.htm
covers_002.jpg

Back