Tangle with new BMW M5

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Partial race...Fun none the less...Driving the Buick home from work last night and as I merge onto the hwy I see blue headlights in the rear view in the opposite lane a ways back.
Shortly after my merge, he comes up pretty close tailing me and I make out the BMW grille. Traffic is choked so I continue cruising and then put my blinker on to change lanes to pass a slower car, he follows suit and is staying close so I give a little boost and he stays there...HMMM I think ...he wants to play.
I put my blinker, get over and gear down hoping he would come alongside so we could go.....Nope....he does the ricer flyby and thats when I saw and hear the M5 and I nail it, catch him and start to pass and there's a car ahead...so I have to brake...drat!!!
The yupster in the beemer keeps it WOT and takes off weaving through traffic and such, man that exhaust was cracking and sounded awesome as the engine rev matched the down shifts.
I didnt follow...but do see him getting off at my exit about a 1/2 mile ahead.
Worked out that I caught up to him in traffic a little down the road and he rolls the window down all smiles and I ask him, "Whats up with the ricer racing S%#t?, thats not racing, lets start off legit and see whats up...he says sure lets go...but it never worked out as traffic was a mother."

It was fun and when I got home I had the racing buzz and my wife said I was acting coked out LOL.
The M5 is over 4k lbs, 560 horse, runs 12 stock and has over a 90k price tag it was a cool car no doubt.

I love these stories, not a win or loss but just letting some douche know whats up. It would have been great from the dig, good job.

I love these stories too, you scared him...
They don't really want to know because they spent $$$$$$ and can't face the reality of loosing to an "old car".

Here in G'ville with all the hospitals and doctors there are plenty of yuppie Euro "Rods" on the street but no one will really get it on. They come to Test and Tune on Saturday mornings as a group at Gainesville Raceway, run low 14's easing out of the hole like pulling out of the parking lot and shifting at 4000 then all pat themselves on the back with big smiles.

One of those docs is a friend of 30 years now, understands fast, has a C-4 Corvette he loves that I helped upgrade so it runs pretty well. So a couple of years ago he invites me to a party at his house and one of his colleagues shows up in a new Jaguar talking how fast it is. My buddy winks at me and talks the guy into a wager against my "white car in the driveway that he thinks runs pretty good too". I surprise him by tossing him the keys, his eyes get all wide with a smile you would not believe opens up and his wife goes ballistic on me. Sorry Anne!
We go out to the cars, I set the rev limiter to 4500 and the boost to about 17 and let him and his right hand man go in my T without me. I tell him to gently stage, begin building boost but do not go WOT in first and you'll be fine. He isn't listening. They drive out of the $M sub division to line up. I could here tires screaming and the rev limiter coughing but he comes back with that big #### eating grin. Jaguar doc says nothing just hands over the $100.

Mikey

The new M5 twin turbos are not a joke. Nice run.

I love these stories too, you scared him...
They don't really want to know because they spent $$$$$$ and can't face the reality of loosing to an "old car".

Here in G'ville with all the hospitals and doctors there are plenty of yuppie Euro "Rods" on the street but no one will really get it on. They come to Test and Tune on Saturday mornings as a group at Gainesville Raceway, run low 14's easing out of the hole like pulling out of the parking lot and shifting at 4000 then all pat themselves on the back with big smiles.

One of those docs is a friend of 30 years now, understands fast, has a C-4 Corvette he loves that I helped upgrade so it runs pretty well. So a couple of years ago he invites me to a party at his house and one of his colleagues shows up in a new Jaguar talking how fast it is. My buddy winks at me and talks the guy into a wager against my "white car in the driveway that he thinks runs pretty good too". I surprise him by tossing him the keys, his eyes get all wide with a smile you would not believe opens up and his wife goes ballistic on me. Sorry Anne!
We go out to the cars, I set the rev limiter to 4500 and the boost to about 17 and let him and his right hand man go in my T without me. I tell him to gently stage, begin building boost but do not go WOT in first and you'll be fine. He isn't listening. They drive out of the $M sub division to line up. I could here tires screaming and the rev limiter coughing but he comes back with that big #### eating grin. Jaguar doc says nothing just hands over the $100.

Mikey
Lmao. This is glorious. Easy way to make some Cash.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Nice!!!!!!!

My boss has a twin turbo 335 and it hauls ass. He always gives me a hard time by saying "Yes, your car will kick my butt...........until we have to turn." ;)

Nice!!!!!!!

My boss has a twin turbo 335 and it hauls ass. He always gives me a hard time by saying "Yes, your car will kick my butt...........until we have to turn." ;)

It really does not take much to make our T's corner well. When I was setting up my first really fast car back in 83, a 70 skylark with a transplanted 455, I put in a Ford 9" with homemade control arms. I did not know much but cut coils, added air bags, relocated control arms, took two front sway bars from junk yard Trans Ams/Camaros mounted one in front and one in back, moved the engine back to the firewall and wide tires all around. By accident it handled like a Ferrari. I had one of those BMW 650's playing with me on I-4 in Orlando and he tried to match my speed off a long sweeping exit ramp onto Maitland Blvd., but ended up in the median. Guess he figured if that old Buick could do it so could he.

Mikey

I've race a few people from work that lease the cars the look an their face is priceless lol