You can type here any text you want

TB parts car near Lauderdale???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
Anyone know of a wrecked TB or one being parted out that I can get some engine compartment parts from to get chromed?

My GN looked sooooo dull at Towers last night (I know, get my hood light working) compared to the chrome in a couple other members GN I decided I need to get some.

Anyone know of one?

Terry

humm, well, in pompano there is a guy who has three GN's that are supposedly being parted out, but he wants an arm and a leg for everything and wont let you see the car unless he goes with you...

i think the place is called Doug's Auto Salvage, on Powerline Road, in Pompano, i dont know if he still has the cars, but you could try....

Thanks Neil,

I called and he won't sell little pieces. He thinks someone will buy the whole front end.

It was worth a call though - thanks.

Terry

What parts do you need? You might be better off getting stuff from Kirbans, or maybe even Jeff's.

Since you are retired, you could always frequent the u pull it in Davie. I go there about once a month or so. I rarely see n/a Regals, but I am sure they can be found. Again, depending on what parts you need.

Tha parts I'm lloking for I already HAVE, it just would be easier to get a spare part chromed then put it on the car rather than have to take them all off and have the car down for however long it would take.

Do you think Jeff has some of this stuff laying around - need to call him tomorrow.

I want the fan/radiator top cover
power steering res bracket
cruise control diaph bracket
2 A/C line clips on top radiator cover
throttle cable bracket
2 top hood shock brackets

Like you said, most of the other chrome stuff I can get from Kirbans.

Terry

fan/radiator top cover - Brian Weavy or Mike McCoy

power steering res bracket - Kirbans

cruise control diaph bracket - huh? do you mean the diaph cover?

2 A/C line clips on top radiator cover - Brian Weavy or Mike McCoy

throttle cable bracket - Brian Weavy or Mike McCoy

2 top hood shock brackets - Brian Weavy or Mike McCoy

Brian may be able to get that stuff chromed for you. He already has the old parts in stock. I think he has a chrome guy already that he works with.

I went to "Gulf Plating" in Ft. Lauderdale.

I too would like to get the radiator top cover...

Where are Brian and Mike located?

How long did it take to get your stuff chromed?

I meant the brachet that holds the cruise control diaph. NOT the little chrome cover ring Kirban sells.

I NEED to find someone with their engine out and down for a month or so that will let me borrow some parts while mine are getting chroomed.

I hate buying parts that I already have. NOW IF SOMEONE would buy these heads HA HA

Talked to Jeff yesterday and he said his place took about 2 weeks.

Thanks Terry

Terry, my neighbor has a hot rod and motorcycle custom parts place, and he does chroming, and powercoating and he can also make anything you want. i can ask him how long it takes him to do chroming if you want. or email me and i will send you his phone number

and what, are you selling a set of heads? i may be intrested...

Brian Weavy is in MD, and i think Mike McCoy is in NC, dont quote me though

Neil, I am buying Terry's heads.

Want to buy mine? I have new springs for them. You can have them ported and polished since without any downtime for your car.

Sure.

Jeff Roddick has about 10 sets of heads you can probably have if you ask nice enough. Maybe a pizza and a 12 pack.:D

I need to sell mine to get some of the money back I am putting out for Terry's heads.

I value mine over other heads like the ones at Jeff's shop becuase I know their history, thats all. I know they work, becuase I am using them now...:cool:

Same with these - they were on my car when it went 11.29 and were only taken off because of my getting a set of GN-1's.

They were done by Webber for Red Armstrong so you know they were done right.

Let's see, Vendor gets money, gives to Justa, Justa gets money and gives to Terry, THEN Terry can SPEND IT on more unnecessary stuff. HA HA

I was just out on the car seeing how the dual fan and F-body radiator are working. THe car never went over 168. NEAT !!

You probably don't have a big a.. front mount like I do that blocks all the air from the radiator. I remember running a lot cooler before I put the bigger front mount on.

Hey Justa, what's the story on selling the wheels? I told the guy last Friday at Towers I would let him know if you were taking them. I would hate to loose out on selling them cause you had another set of twins or something HA HA But he has CASH and wants the heads and NOW Vendor is in the picture. Maybe I should have an AUCTION HA HA

Drop me an e-mail and let me know the status.

T

Neil, you had better be very, very, very careful, that sounds like a threat and I might want to sue.

hee hee Terry

Back