You can type here any text you want

TC recommendations

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mcss383

Well, i need to change tc's. My stock one sucks (plus who knows if it is truely what its supposed to be...)

I have been considering getting a D5, or maybe a modded D5.

My motor is a 355. Cam is Comp Cam's 265DEH (~.440/.460 lift, 211/221 dur@.050).

The motor *should* be making around 270hp and 370ft-lbs. I will be changing to either vortec or AFR190's and power should shoot up a lot since the heads i have now are crap.

What would be a good tc to get and still give me some 'upgrade headroom' power-wise? This is my daily driver.

I will be taking it to Mike Kurtz (since he's about an hr away from me) to do install, i am tired of dropping my tranny.

Thx

Mike custom builds a modified D5 that would probably work fine for you assuming you have a T200-4R (which I assume, otherwise why would you be asking about D5s?). While mine self-destructed after only 8 months he is voluntarily rebuilding it for me at no cost (other than shipping). I'm running about 400hp out of my TR though, plus it has a TransBrake on it--altho I haven't gone racing since I got here (Colorado Springs). From what I've heard the next step up is Precision's TC--at about $800 it's a big step.
In fact, if you're going over there, ask how my TC is coming along... I miss my car!
Keith Hansen
'87TR
12.3 at 113mph

Back