You can type here any text you want

TE 44 Turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

artrenee10

Older...wiser...and broker...
Got a TE 44 with 82 exhaust housing? First can I switch the exhaust housing from my stocker and run with the 44?If not with this exhaust housing whats the preferred t/c? I was gonna go with a 12in 3000stall with 50's and champ heads in the near future......
Thanks
steve chambers

i would say leave it aline but thats just my opinion. btw, in the latest GMHTP the guy from precision said a .82 housing on a te44 would need a true 2800 stall or more to maintain good spool characteristics. with the increased flow of the champ irons and the new t/c id say the .82 housing would work nicely.

Thanks TB

Thanks a lot TB, I don't know too much about the exhaust housings on the 44, but I know it will more than suit my needs (street car, occasionally a strip slip or two.):D
Thanks Again,
Steve Chambers

yes, and IF the lag is too much for you which i doubt it will be but if it is then you can just switch to the PTE .63 housing. i guarantee you wont have any spooling problems then. btw, you gonna put a cam in with the heads?

Thanks Again T-Buicks

thanks again for the help, yeah if I do go with a cam itll probably be the 204-214 or weber's 206.....haven't made up my mind yet on this one, but its a least a year away.....so im goin slo........
Thanks Again
Steve

Back