You can type here any text you want

te45?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Whats this turbo good for with the mods I have listed in my signiture. Without heads and cam. Will I see 10's with the addition of this turbo over my te60? Any general opinions on this turbo. And what size inj?

I would go to 72 pounders and a good convertor that turbo will go low to mid 10s.if I read your sig correct you are running 40s.I went 10.59 with a 3500 lb car with driver on 50 lbers.blew a head gasket that pass also .injectors get funny sometimes over 80-85 % DC .thats why id go bigger

Originally posted by BobbyBuick
I would go to 72 pounders and a good convertor that turbo will go low to mid 10s.if I read your sig correct you are running 40s.I went 10.59 with a 3500 lb car with driver on 50 lbers.blew a head gasket that pass also .injectors get funny sometimes over 80-85 % DC .thats why id go bigger

So you think with the addition of a restalled converter and bigger inj, with the te45 i could see tens? Remember i dont have heads or cam?

not likely.....would depend on your car's weight...I could run low 11's without "ported" heads (ie just port matched) and a 206 cam, but it required 30 lbs of boost............and 55 lb injectors and a 3600 stall l/u Precision converter

Stock, unported heads WILL NOT support a 45. A 63 is about as big as you can go. That's not to say you can't slap a 45 on a car with stock heads, as I'm confident some folks have done. However, don't be surprised if it surges.

Now, having written this, 74 people will chime in and tell you that the 45 is the greatest turbo ever made, and they run 9s with it.

:D

'eagle is right......need to run lots of boost and put up with lots of surge without ported heads.......I ran it both ways.......

haven't hit 9's yet but you know what I'm gonna say:D
I guess I'm #1 of those 74 people;)

-scott wile

I agree,I have seen so many bad combos.if your goin that bigg of turbo .youll need a IC that flows ,heads that flow ,at least 50 lb injectors,and a stall over 3500 rpm.

Anything is possible

I'm pretty much with Chevota, so I guess I'm #2;)

Otherwise, I am hoping to have one of the fastest time with an unopend engine using the TE45a. Also on the Turbo Lounge another member just went 6.90's in the 1/8 and I'm sure this would be adequate for 10's in the 1/4. And as azgn said, car weight is a huge factor.:cool:

Regards

Ray

There are several 60 series turbos that will run 10s in a full weight TR with unported heads that are far better matched to the task than a 45. Observe the compressor curves. But, if you'd prefer to speak to Limited or PTE, I'm sure you'll hear the same story.

Also, a lighter, drag only vehicle is more likely to be a better match for a larger turbo, as it spends less time in the low flow condition, but it doesn't address the original question, which is how a full weight TR behaves, and it doesn't change the fact that a stock port is a stock port is a stock port...

:D

Back