You can type here any text you want

TE45A & PTC 9.5" 3200 stall rpm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TTipe

Snake Skinner
I'm looking for someone who has experience with a te45a (.63) & 3200 PTC 9.5. I don't want my car to be a slug on the street. 3200 stall rpm has been stated as the low end stall rpm by Limit. Am I better off going 6265 DBB?

On a 45a you would want a Garrett .63 for best response on the street.

Limit has done many 45A turbos with a Garrett housing for me and I have great success with a Hughes NLU 10" converter.

Awesome response through the entire RPM range all the way into high 9's with the proper supporting parts.

This Hughes converter does not kill the budget at $650!

Limit has done many 45A turbos with a Garrett housing for me and I have great success with a Hughes NLU 10" converter.

Awesome response through the entire RPM range all the way into high 9's with the proper supporting parts.

This Hughes converter does not kill the budget at $650!
Nick what's the stall of this Hughes NLU 10" converter?. I currently have a PTC 9.5 3200 Stall converter.

Nick what's the stall of this Hughes NLU 10" converter?. I currently have a PTC 9.5 3200 Stall converter.

The issue with "rated" stall on converters is it is only a number, and can and will vary among the different manufactures?

Our most popular build when using the TE-45A for mid-10 to high 9's performance is the Hughes converter rating at 3600/3800 stall. Most owners think this is too much stall for them, but I do not tell them the "stall number" until they have driven their car! :)

With decent traction/tires, this provides awesome performance from the start, and continues to pull like crazy at WOT.

We have also done a few lock-up versions of this converter for the owners that desire it.

This is not something new as we have used the TE-45A build and this combination from the 1990's when we first went into the 10's with a street GN, and it is still our most popular combination!

The issue with "rated" stall on converters is it is only a number, and can and will vary among the different manufactures?

Our most popular build when using the TE-45A for mid-10 to high 9's performance is the Hughes converter rating at 3600/3800 stall. Most owners think this is too much stall for them, but I do not tell them the "stall number" until they have driven their car! :)

With decent traction/tires, this provides awesome performance from the start, and continues to pull like crazy at WOT.

We have also done a few lock-up versions of this converter for the owners that desire it.

This is not something new as we have used the TE-45A build and this combination from the 1990's when we first went into the 10's with a street GN, and it is still our most popular combination!

the flash stall is what needs to be right not the initial stall.
So the flash stall at zero psi should be at least 3600 rpm?

So the flash stall at zero psi should be at least 3600 rpm?
No, 0 psi is not flash. Flash is under full power. A PTC 17 blade will stall around 3000 under 0 boost, wastegate open on a transbrake, this is actual stall. Engine torque will dictate this number. Flash stall under full power will be around 5000, it was 5100rpm in a 3500 car running high 9s.

TE-45A for mid-10 to high 9's performance is the Hughes converter rating at 3600/3800 stall.
where is the flash stall at this power level?this is pretty loose to me sounds like a few art carr 9 I have driven, they did boggie.

I can tell you this, in my application not with a Ptc 9.5 tho, ive ran both turbo's and the 6265bb only required 2-3 more psi to make similar power as the 66mm but spooled considerably faster which makes the 6265 imo a better street turbo, But if I was looking for consistent 10.20's and faster id go with the 66mm.

Last edited:
Back