You can type here any text you want

Teardown Pics - Performance Upgrades 2008

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

Here's where I'm at so far:

Front bumper removed for FMIC installation:
DSC02024.jpg

The two external fluid coolers that I now have to relocate :rolleyes: :
DSC02028.jpg

Stock intercooler removed:
DSC02026.jpg

Stock crank pulley removed, awaiting lightweight billet piece from RJC:
DSC02033.jpg

Stock turbo enjoying its last few days on the car:
DSC02040.jpg

Been fun so far. The biggest pain is going to be moving those fluid coolers since I'll have to pop the lines off and reroute everything, gunna be messy. That's what I get for thinking "nah... I'll never get a FMIC, put the coolers in front".

All this work is just for the performance upgrades. Need to get the car running and out of the garage to do the suspension work (sway bars, springs, body bushings).

are you going to leave cooler's inbetween fmic and radiator? youll be putting a lot of heat into them during boost. the time when they need to be working the hardest.

Its finally getting warm enough to hit the garage.. well at least for a day or so! What did you decide on rear springs? Can we just run F-bodies and chop a coil out of them? I need to get the rear down so my nose doesnt bleed :)

are you going to leave cooler's inbetween fmic and radiator? youll be putting a lot of heat into them during boost. the time when they need to be working the hardest.

Nope. I mentioned in my post that I have to move those somewhere else.

Its finally getting warm enough to hit the garage.. well at least for a day or so! What did you decide on rear springs? Can we just run F-bodies and chop a coil out of them? I need to get the rear down so my nose doesnt bleed :)

Running out of money to spend, I guess the Moog 5413 is supposed to provide a decent drop in the rear, but I already have a pair of old Camaro springs that I snagged cheap, so I'd prefer to save $50 and just work with those. Then again, that means installing the spring, letting it settle, checking height, removing the spring again, cutting it, over and over until it's just right. Maybe the Moogs would be easier...

Back