You can type here any text you want

"teeing" into the return line on a hydroboost swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboB24

Junior mint
How did everyone "tee" into the return line on their HB swap?I think I am restricting mine.

Turning the wheel while braking at slow speeds is very difficult.

Fluid levels are good.Using ATM fluid for PS system.
All parts from the '84,'85 swap.

On the T barb, the return from the power steering should go straight through. The return from the pm should go into the side port.

Rick,
Can you send me a pic of your tee?I think my problem is the way I have it routed.I do have the HB return line on the side port.I may be restricting the line with sharp bends.

Take the transmission fluid out of there. Why does everyone seem to think transmission fluid is the same as power steering fluid? The tranny fluid is much thinner than PS fluid. Ive had to drain 3 people fluid now because they cant figure out why their systems are "growling" at them. Holy Cow, changed the tranny fluid to POWER STEERING FLUID and no more growls!

I can take a pic but it will have to be later. I'm at work till 5pm.

jdpolzin knows what he is talking about. Switch the fluid.

Also check the line that is feeding the ps pump. I've seen where they get twisted up behind the pump causing a restriction..

I can take a pic but it will have to be later. I'm at work till 5pm.

jdpolzin knows what he is talking about. Switch the fluid.

Also check the line that is feeding the ps pump. I've seen where they get twisted up behind the pump causing a restriction..

Very good point! Those lines directly out of the PS reseviour do tend to kink! I didnt even think of that! Thanks Rick!

Back