You can type here any text you want

Terminator Kill

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

white-t-type

So I met this guy at our local car show who owned a 2003 Cobra. It was not anything serious, just exhaust and cold air intake. Any way he is a friend of a friend and heard I was looking to race someone just to get an idea of how my car would do. He is only willing to race from a roll so we hop on the expressway get next to each other and 3 honks we take off. I have him easily 4-5 cars I hear him let out and I do the same. He pulls up and said I jumped so I agree to do it again on the way back. This time three honks and I wait for him to go. He jumps out about a half of a car length, I was brake boosting slightly to 5lbs so when I let off the brake I closed that gap very quickly and continued putting maybe 3-4 cars between us again with no chance of him closing the distance even in the higher gears. He said he was going to install a pulley and try me again. All I was really after was to see how the car would do on the top end. I have not done any tuning at this point. My chip is still set on its stock settings and boost was only at 22psi. The best part was I had a passenger that weighs in at 260lbs as well as myself at the same weight. We both had the windows down and I never hit the shift light which is set at 5000RPM. Alky Control knob was set at 7 to be safe and both runs were made with 0 knock. This was my first kill with this car since I have had it hopefully many more will follow.

That's impressive. I really like those Cobras.

Looking foward to running into one when my car gets on the road in a month or so. I too would like to see how my car would fair against one. I don't think I would loose, but id like to know by how much.

Im sure once he installs his pulleys he will have you...:rolleyes:

What gets me is that it is almost 20yrs newer and needs more parts:biggrin:

Those Cobras run. My buddy has a Sonic Blue 03 that puts 510hp to the tires. He took me for a ride in it in OCMD last year. Second gear pulled insane! He's only made one pass in it so far, 12.7@117 with a 2.3 60', on bald 315 Nittos. Its got some upgrades to it. I think I have him if I launch on him, but he'll backhalf me like nobody's business. We'll see what happens. He's going to rebuild the IRS and get a set of Mickeys for it.

He's a cool dude, and I wouldnt mind having one of those cars either.

Back