You can type here any text you want

Testing Bosch 237 fuel pressure regulator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

speedosack

OK how do you test the functionality of a non-adjustable fuel pressure regulator when it's off the vehicle. I am trying to test a Bosch 237 regulator.

I tried:
1)80 psi pressurized air in the threaded fuel inlet, there was no flow to the fuel outlet
2)80 psi pressurized air in the fuel outlet, it pressurizes and I hear a pop sound from the diaphragm, still no air flow to the threaded fuel inlet
3)drew a vacuum on the vacuum port, regulator held a vacuum, no flow from fuel inlet to fuel outlet
4)30 psi pressurized air in the vacuum port, no flow from the fuel inlet to fuel outlet
5)drew a vacuum on the threaded fuel inlet, no flow through the fuel outlet
6)drew a vacuum on the fuel outlet, no flow through the threaded fuel inlet

does the metal fuel line that threads into the regulator fuel inlet somehow depress a check valve allowing operation? help please.

OK how do you test the functionality of a non-adjustable fuel pressure regulator when it's off the vehicle. I am trying to test a Bosch 237 regulator.

I tried:
1)80 psi pressurized air in the threaded fuel inlet, there was no flow to the fuel outlet
2)80 psi pressurized air in the fuel outlet, it pressurizes and I hear a pop sound from the diaphragm, still no air flow to the threaded fuel inlet
3)drew a vacuum on the vacuum port, regulator held a vacuum, no flow from fuel inlet to fuel outlet
4)30 psi pressurized air in the vacuum port, no flow from the fuel inlet to fuel outlet
5)drew a vacuum on the threaded fuel inlet, no flow through the fuel outlet
6)drew a vacuum on the fuel outlet, no flow through the threaded fuel inlet

does the metal fuel line that threads into the regulator fuel inlet somehow depress a check valve allowing operation? help please.

the regulator is on the OUTPUT of the fuel rail-------the fuel flows into the port with the O ring and out the threaded connector-------with normal atmosphere on the top port (nothing connected) you should be able to apply compressed air to the side port with the O ring and when the pressure is above the set point of the regulator it will begin to flow out the threaded output on the bottom.-------80 Psi should open it pretty violently but from looking at your "test procedure" it appears that you might have damaged it from your first (#1) reverse test...........RC

Thanks, these things are robust. I tested the spare 237 regulator. 70psi compressed air yields 58 psi out the threads. The regulator will not flow with less than 60psi compressed air.

Applying a vacuum to the port lowers the pressure. Applying pressure to the vacuum port closes the flow entirely.

Thanks, these things are robust. I tested the spare 237 regulator. 70psi compressed air yields 58 psi out the threads. The regulator will not flow with less than 60psi compressed air.

Applying a vacuum to the port lowers the pressure. Applying pressure to the vacuum port closes the flow entirely.

i believe your pressure gauge on the output is a problem------i don't think this regulator is designed to work with the output port closed off----without a lot of difficulty it would be hard to to a full functional test with air ----all you can do is "see" if it flows...........RC

Back