You can type here any text you want

TH 400 Trans

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S2V6RACER

Banned
Looking to get a backup transmission for the race car. My mis-fortune at BG has made me paranoid.

Who uses who for thier TH-400 buildups? Who can get it right the 1st time?:D

Originally posted by Ted A.
Looking to get a backup transmission for the race car. My mis-fortune at BG has made me paranoid.

Who uses who for thier TH-400 buildups? Who can get it right the 1st time?:D

I have heard that Hutch in Canada is one of the best.
A lot of NSCA/NMCA People use him.

Ted,

Joel's on Joy Road. He does good work. The Bamfords use him for their stuff. What are you looking to do to it? How much power are we talking about:D ? I just did my own but its not running yet.

Scott

ted, i built mine. at the nats we replace everthing except the steering wheel, the trans worked ok, but i didnt make the power that i have before, only went 9.50 @ 146 if i was wanting some one else i would get lonnie diers, i talked to john gallea he said he paid 3600 to get a bullet proof 400 built by a guy in ohio, he give me the mans ph, and name i wrote it down and lost it, lonnie quoted a price of 1600 and would guarantee it for 6 months, he builds dave ficus trans, and they last, just my opinion. oc

TH 400 buildup

I have used JPT, Eaton Rapids Mi. Very good and he knows what he is doing 517 663 0578.

Originally posted by odell4o8
ted, i built mine. at the nats we replace everthing except the steering wheel, the trans worked ok, but i didnt make the power that i have before, only went 9.50 @ 146 if i was wanting some one else i would get lonnie diers, i talked to john gallea he said he paid 3600 to get a bullet proof 400 built by a guy in ohio, he give me the mans ph, and name i wrote it down and lost it, lonnie quoted a price of 1600 and would guarantee it for 6 months, he builds dave ficus trans, and they last, just my opinion. oc

Odell,

The guy Gallina uses is rossler. Alvin Isokowitz does as well.

http://www.rosslertrans.com/

Trans

Basically, I am going faster and faster. The 1 item left in my car that is a big ? is the trans. I broke the rear end because I didn't build it and it didn't have the parts in it that it needed and screwed me out of the week at BG.

I am looking for it to hold up to high 8 second passes and have a t-brake, reverse valve pattern.

Originally posted by odell4o8

From what Lee Thompson told me, I liked what I heard about Lonnie from what he said down at the Nats.

I've delt with Lonnie Diers on 2004R builds and have had excellent success. He'll be doing my trans work from now on.

JPT built a good conveter and 400 trans but the car was not making that much power so hard to say how it'd hold up to serious abuse. One trans from theirs did not make it 2miles (non buick application). Mixed success there.

Trans work is a serious art of high pressure fluid dynamics that I'd just as soon leave to someone else!
~Scott

Back