TH400 USERS

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Hi
For those using a TH400 have you changed the 1st and second gear or left them as they are?
Considering making some changes, and I am doing my home work..

Thanks!

My opinion, if you go with a low gear set the converter has to be dead nuts on. I experimented with a 2.10:1 low gear set and found that it loads the crap out of the converter. I only tried it out once and probably didn’t give it enough time to optimize it but I can see the benefits if it was dialed in.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. For now it will be best to leave mine with the stock ratios. I had planned to go higher 2.75/1.57 but I was told it was a no-no.

Joe

Good to know. For now it will be best to leave mine with the stock ratios. I had planned to go higher 2.75/1.57 but I was told it was a no-no.

Joe

I should have summed up my response a little better but my initial testing showed a wash over the stock gear set but my converter wasn’t optimized for the low gear set. I do believe there are more gains on small tire cars since you can leave a lot harder under more boost.
Going to a 2.75 gear set at our power level is definitely a step backward.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or if your on a radial and making big power turn it into a 2 speed so you will be leaving in 2nd