You can type here any text you want

THDP install question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Do you guys with THDP use the "ear" and the bracket that bolts to the crossover when you install your THDP? Also is this ear stright or slightly bent on the THDP (meaning is it sticking out exactly at a 90 degree angle form the 3" pipe or not?)

I never had this bracket on my THDP and the ear is slightly bent (in a curve kind of) so wonder if it was in the way and they bent it slighty and never used it on my TTA.

Anyway see photo if you have no clue what I'm on about :-)

Just like to reinstall everything correct when I get to that stage ...

Attachments

• DP_Bracket.jpg
    DP_Bracket.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 172
From the crossover goes a little bracket to that 90 degree elbow on the THDP. Then goes a bolt from that little bracket to the THDP.

It is there to help support the weight of the DP.. so your Pass header doesnt crack... from the THDP weight putting force on the turbo.

Thx Julio, I thought it might be a good idea to have it there :-)

I got pictures from another owner a number of years back (sorry can't remember who took them for me) but never got around doing anything about it ... I miss the bracket so have to fabricate something similar that works unless someone got a spare they like to part with????

Attachments

• P6040036.jpg
    P6040036.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 149
  • P6050037.jpg
    P6050037.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 148
  • P6030006.jpg
    P6030006.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 149
Jan,
That doesnt look like a THDP. And you better install a flex connector like the OEM piece.. or your interior is gonna BUZZZZZZZZZZ from the exhuast.

Julio

Jan,
That doesnt look like a THDP. And you better install a flex connector like the OEM piece.. or your interior is gonna BUZZZZZZZZZZ from the exhuast.

Julio

Julio, not mine. Got the photo from someone to show me what the OEM bracket looks like. I got a THDP with the flex bit.

Back