The Big Stuff 3

seeyabye

Anybody have much experience with the Big Stuff 3? I am taking my car to Bigwood Racing this week to get the BS3 installed and the car tuned. I have noticed that most Buick guys run FAST, and was wondering how many run BS3 and how you like it?

I personally run it on my own car and love it. It's pretty simple and straight forward on how to use it also, you just have to make sure you read the manual (this goes without saying, but many will not read it). If you ever run into a problem with it just make sure you ask on this board. You'll get help usually within a day at the latest. Ted A is pretty quick with answers about BS3 also.

I have also used XFI on my car, but I personally like the BS3 more. To each their own though, and it really comes what your tuner (or yourself) likes and is comfortable with.

I'm sure you will get great support from Bigwood. I have no issues with the system, it does what you tell it. I have tuned FAST, BS3 and they both work.

Jay Carter recommended The Big Stuff 3 over the FAST. I trust his opinion and his experience. Bigwood racing did an excellent job on my downpipe and external wastegate, thats why I am going back to them. I'm glad to hear that there are some of us that are running BS3, it is always nice to have knowledgeable people to ask.

We are going to use the BS3 on our TSM car this year. Both are good systems...

i have tuned a BS3 and it works very well. just takes some getting use to.

I would like to have a AEM system next those are real nice.

My brother in law works for Motec, and was trying to get me to go with them. I was reluctant to do that because nobody seems use them much. It looks like the BS3 is going to be the best system for the money. The car goes in for install and dyno tune in the next couple of days, I'll keep everyone posted on the ease of use and also some dyno numbers!

Curious to see how it turns out as well. May be a good springtime project for the albatross.

My brother in law works for Motec, and was trying to get me to go with them. I was reluctant to do that because nobody seems use them much. It looks like the BS3 is going to be the best system for the money. The car goes in for install and dyno tune in the next couple of days, I'll keep everyone posted on the ease of use and also some dyno numbers!

Make sure that they verify the base timing before they ever start dyno tuning. That why you know that the amount of timing that is set in the program is actually correct to the engine. The last BS3 i messed with we had to change the crank ref # to make it correct.

Love the BS3. Had it on a previous GN and the one I have now. Whenever I had a problem or question with tuning, just called them up and got help on the spot. System is pretty easy for basic and agressive tuning. As compared to the F.A.S.T. in which I've also used, I found BS3 to be easier (that's just me). Yet, both systems are very good to have on the car.

Oh, you also learn the hard way (I did). Make sure you save the "tuned file" just in case you screw something up and want to put it back the way it was. Beats starting all the way back over again, getting the car retuned for street or strip racing.

Good Luck

Whenever you exit the software it asks if you want to save to configuration. Typically, I save the files for the day I'm at the track or for other reasons. I date them and if more than 1 file is saved on that day I label them for example TSO1-15-09a ect. I have all my tuneups from day one as well as my TSM tuning I have done on Bamfords TSM car.

As with any system it is important to take the time to learn the software so you can navigate it more effectively.

Make sure that they verify the base timing before they ever start dyno tuning. That why you know that the amount of timing that is set in the program is actually correct to the engine. The last BS3 i messed with we had to change the crank ref # to make it correct.

Jay Carter at Bigwood Racing is doing the install, no worries.

That has nothing to due with the BS3,If you ahve to adjust your CRA then your trigger wheel on your balancer is off.

The motec system is 3 times as expensive as the BS3. Even with a family hook up, it is still out of my price range.
no doubt,but a F.A.S.T,BS3,and the Gen 7 DFI are all in the same price range none better than the other imo.

BWR tunes Fast's, BS3's, and some crap most of us have never heard of;) If you choose to have it installed I would go with the installers advice. Especially if they sale both products. IMO they must have a reason for liking one or the other even if it is pure personal choice. They must feel more comfortable with one than the other:biggrin:

I have 2 or 3 fast systems. Jay has tuned them all, no biggie...

That is true Shane. We sell XFI, BS3, EFI Live, and I am an EMIC for Accel. Like z31 said, it really comes down to what your tuner (or yourself) likes AND what is best for your application. I have 3 diferent systems on my personal toys and all work great.
Seeyabye: Don't worry. You made the right decision going with the system your tuner recommended (glad it wasn't a KAM system :tongue: ). I am sure you will get great service and results.