The Buick Performance Group presents a Class of 1987 Buick Reunion in 2012

gbsean

The Buick Performance Group along with Doug Nigro the owner of The Official Buick GNX Registry at GNXREGISTRY.ORG and GN REGISTRY :: THE OFFICIAL BUICK GRAND NATIONAL & BUICK GNX REGISTRY as well a Dennis Kirban of Kirban Performance Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National Parts, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX Parts, Chevrolet Chevy Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts www.kirbanperformance.com and Richard Clark of ZDDPlus™ - ZDDP for Classic, Muscle Cars & More present The Class of 1987 Buick Reunion featuring the Buick Muscle cars of 1987 including the GNX Grand National Turbo T's and WE4's as well as the other fine cars Buick produced in 1987 including the Century, Electra, LeSabre, Regal, Rivera, Skyhawk, and Somerset. Bring your 1987 Buick Buick to the greatest Buick Party ever, We hope again to have Buick Engineers as well as members or ASC Mclaren to present information on the GNX as well we have a GNX prototype that will be on display. Ticket prices will remain the same as in 2011 and Vending is always free at BPG. This event follows on the heals of the huge success of the TTA and Turbo T T-party folling in the footsteps of the GS and GSX events. visit The Buick Performance Group for more information.

The Buick Performance Group along with Doug Nigro the owner of The Official Buick GNX Registry at GNXREGISTRY.ORG as well a Dennis Kirban of Kirban Performance Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National Parts, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX Parts, Chevrolet Chevy Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts www.kirbanperformance.com and Richard Clark of ZDDPlus™ - ZDDP for Classic, Muscle Cars & More present The Class of 1987 Buick Reunion featuring the Buick Muscle cars of 1987 including the GNX Grand National Turbo T's and WE4's as well as the other fine cars Buick produced in 1987 including the Century, Electra, LeSabre, Regal, Rivera, Skyhawk, and Somerset. Bring your 1987 Buick Buick to the greatest Buick Party ever, We hope again to have Buick Engineers as well as members or ASC Mclaren to present information on the GNX as well we have a GNX prototype that will be on display. Ticket prices will remain the same as in 2011 and Vending is always free at BPG. This event follows on the heals of the huge success of the TTA and Turbo T T-party folling in the footsteps of the GS and GSX events. visit The Buick Performance Group for more information.

Revised to Remove GN Registry link

NY / NJ GNX going

are any GNXs from the tri-state area planning on attending?

if so do you want to travel as a group?

Any security measures planned?

The BPG has always worked with local Hotels, Visitors Bureau , Chamber of Commerce and local Police Departments in regards to this issue. This was posted on another thread. These measure have been in place for all our Events at National Trail and Heath Ohio Hotels

I have gotten some requests about what the BPG does as far as security is concerned at BPG events in regards to what happened in Bowling Green. The BPG works with National Trail and the Licking County Visitors Bureau to provide security at night at selected Hotels as well as providing armed security at the track. Those that have been to the event have seen the local Heath Police Department cruising thru the parking lots as well as observing the private security that the Licking County Visitors Bureau provides at select Hotels. The Track is always the best place to leave your Car/trailer/tow vehicle etc as there is armed security. This is provided at no charge 1 day prior to event as well as 1 day after event. You cannot remove a trailer/car from event without providing ID that matches the trailer and car being towed. The Hebron PD is also aware of our event and is only a few miles from the track.

The Buick Performance Group presents "Class of 1987 Buick Reunion and Big Boat Bash"

The Buick Performance Group along with

Doug Nigro, owner of The Official Buick GNX Registry at GNXREGISTRY.ORG
Dennis Kirban of Kirban Performance Kirban Performance - Buick Grand National Parts, T-Type, Turbo T, GNX Parts, Chevrolet Chevy Corvette Parts, Ford Mustang Parts, Pontiac GTO Parts www.kirbanperformance.com
Richard Clark of ZDDPlus™ - ZDDP for Classic, Muscle Cars & More

... are proud to present -

"The Class of 1987 Buick Reunion and Big Boat Bash"

... featuring the Buick Muscle cars of 1987 - Its their 25th Birthday Party - the GNX, Grand National, Turbo T's and WE4's, as well as ALL the other fine cars Buick produced in 1987 including Century, Electra, LeSabre, Regal, Rivera, Skyhawk, and Somerset !! Bring your 1987 Buick to the greatest Buick Party ever, We hope again to have Buick Engineers as well as members of ASC Mclaren to present information on the GNX as well we having a GNX prototype on display.

On the Big Boat Bash side ... we picked that to honor YOUR Big Buicks !! Too often the "barges" are overlooked, but not this year ... Be it Big Block or Small Block ... Bring out your Station Wagons, your Electras, your Centurions, LeSabres ... Roadmasters, any big boat Buick you have and lets show the world that BIG IS IN !! Be it Buick Powered or Buick Bodied - BRING IT to the Big boat Bash for all to see and enjoy !! We've heard all you Boat owners say that its all about the Sky/GS/Regal and we've listened - so THIS IS YOUR CHANCE to show us your BIG BEAUTIFUL BUICK and even take it for a few passes down the 1320' if you dare ...

As in previous years, this is just the "theme" for our yearly event - aside from this ALL BUICK-bodied and BUICK-powered cars are welcome at our event, and all people - members and non-members alike - are always welcome

... more information to follow

Which hotels have security? Do they have guards from sundown to sun up? I need to know which hotel(s) are safest for my car as I can't leave it at the track unless I plan on sleeping in it. Thanks. Had a great time last summer at TTA reunion.

Went over to the BPG site. I see the dates are August 3 & 4 2012. Have not been able to determine what track, city, or state this will be held in.

Went over to the BPG site. I see the dates are August 3 & 4 2012. Have not been able to determine what track, city, or state this will be held in.
From Sean's signature above: Class of 1987 Buick Reunion in 2012 August 3rd and 4th National Trail Hebron OH

GNX Update ...got an e-mail from former VP at McLaren who was responsible for the ASC conversion of the GN to a GNX and owns the final prototype that was used at the production plant as the "Master"for quality purposes. This will be a not to miss event

To introduce myself, in 1986-7, I was a vice president at McLaren responsible for the business interface with ASC and was the McLaren program director on the GNX program. From the time the model was conceived at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway until the final car was delivered, I led the McLaren product development and production support efforts on the program. (See the GNX book for my verification) I also own what is plated as Car000 which is the final prototype vehicle listed in the book and the one that was used in the production plant as a 'master" vehicle for quality purposes. This car has been mostly in storage until recently and now has about 1100 miles on it. I have shown it at private shows and it has been on display at the Woodward Dream cruise a couple of times.

I just received a letter that was sent to Wiley McCoy at McLaren telling about the GNX event next year and requesting speakers to come down to Ohio. I can tell you that even though I have been "off doing other things" since the end of my time at McLaren, I have a sincere passion about this project that transcends all of my other career work.

I would be happy to talk to you about participating in the event, my car and the program.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Louis Infante

I have verified this information and Rick aka X Ray will be also attending.

what were the issues with security in the past?

there has been no issues with security at a BPG Event as we work with local PD chamber of commerce and visitors bureau. To provide security at selected hotels...again the best place for you car/trailer/etc is at the track, as the track provides armed security that will not allow you to remove a car/trailer/tow vehicle without proof of ID for all. Could you bust thru the gate..yes but local PD is 1 mile away...

Which hotels have security? Do they have guards from sundown to sun up? I need to know which hotel(s) are safest for my car as I can't leave it at the track unless I plan on sleeping in it. Thanks. Had a great time last summer at TTA reunion.

We the BPG have still to lock in Hotels with the visitors bureau The information will then be provided on the BPG website as well as here

Could you bust thru the gate..yes but local PD is 1 mile away...

I don't know Sean...my wife, who will be staying at the track with my adult children, is a pretty darn good shot. I'm sure she could pick them off before they get to the main road. She shoots best with her S&W model 686 6" .357 magnum with 125 gr JHP's, but don't count her out with her Glock 23 .40 cal. Oh, and by that time, 2 out of the 3 kids will have their concealed carry license (the one won't be old enough for a few more years) and are pretty good shots themselves!

In all seriousness, the track will be the safest place for you autos.

From Sean's signature above: Class of 1987 Buick Reunion in 2012 August 3rd and 4th National Trail Hebron OH

oh, thanks. I have signatures turned off, that's why I missed it. Sorry for the inconvienece!