You can type here any text you want

the final story

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TType84

cookin with propane
its final for now.. im sure something else will happen soon.

heres what i did today to fix everything:

bought mallory universal wire set.... $61.72 total
...by the way, magnecore owners, or should i say, SUCKERSSS!! magnecore wire is like 1k ohm per foot.. my pepboys wires were all under 1.5k ohm and they were all atleast 2ft long.. something to think about.
...the wires fixed the popping problem.

put a new insulator on the positive post on my alternator
mine cracked, its not cool, it happens all the time. it made my volt light come on and my alt stop charging. not cool.

currently im running somewhere around 15-17psi and something like 38psi fuel pressure or less. at idle the FP is around 30psi (borrowing a hood mounted gauge). i havent hooked t-link back up, but i will tommorow...... we'll see what this baby will do now.

*the scene is 12's house.. a sunny afternoon*
*ring ring*
12s: hello?
nick: hello 12s.. i just thought id let you know im coming.
12s: alright nick.. youre coming in the buick right?
nick: i wouldnt have it any other way.
12s: okay then, see you soon!
*click*

Nick What wires went bad?

I bet you some of them got BBQ'd on the Inlet pipe, and Downpipe..I have lost MANY plus wires to that side!

Originally posted by TType84
plugwires.

there was a section of insulation missing from #6

That will do it! My 3" DP LOVES to chew up plug wires...On that side I use 2 layers of High Heat loom and keep the wires about 2" away from both the Inlet pipe, and the downpipe!...so far it was worked "ok"

my friend wrapped my up pipe last night.. you can actually put your hand on it after driving around for about a half second w/o getting burnt..

so thats comforting... a half second is a long time compared to the 1/100th of a second it used to take to get burned..im gonna have him do the DP too ;)

Hey Nick, what did you wrap your uppipe in? Anbd what size downpipe did you get? How much did it interfere with the wiring? I'm thinking of getting a bigger DP, but don't wanna go through all the hassles of all you went through :(

ATR's dp.. only one size.. 2.5"

hassles:
getting out the stock dp
getting the new dp in
getting the header in with the dp already in

shouldnt interfere w/wiring if its secured..

Glad you fixed it. I ended up wrapping my DP and uppipe and now it doesn't matter if the plug wires lay up against it. They won't burn.

What did you guys wrap the Uppupe and Downpipe in? Some info please!:cool:

I used regular header wrap. It's a fiberglass woven material that you wrap around pipes. It REALLY reduces underhood temps and like was mentioned you can put your hand on the up pipe for about a second without it burning you.

Originally posted by TType84
*the scene is 12's house.. a sunny afternoon*
*ring ring*
12s: hello?
nick: hello 12s.. i just thought id let you know im coming.
12s: alright nick.. youre coming in the buick right?
nick: i wouldnt have it any other way.
12s: okay then, see you soon!
*click* [/B]

Hahahaha, ooh man, that was good.
Wheeee.

Back