The GN at Cordova, were its heart met its demise

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
Here is a video my brother put together for me after my unfortune 13th run at cordova dragway in Illinois, my best run was a 11.9@110 1.6 60' due to some issues with what seemed like hitting a brick wall at the 8th mile... then loosing the engine later in the day.. its going to be down quite some time due to me being 2 years into a 4 year collage....:frown: I have to say otherwhise it was a fun day, had some suspension unloading problems but managed to get the drivers tire off the ground!:smile:

Here it is... enjoy

YouTube - Buick Grand National at Cordova

,Dan

Thats a shame, how many miles were on it? 11.9 in a hotair is pretty darned good, or was it converted over to the 86-87 intake setup?

BW

73,000 miles... it was an interesting conversion that i fabbed up myself with the turbo mounted like a toyota supra and the 87 intake..

Lets see pics of the engine bay.......... before............

NICE CAR

Damn dude, should got ahold of me brfore you went, I would have definately met up with you if I knew here were some fellow TB brothers at Cordova. Thats my home strip!!!!!! Nice hot air, runs like a raped ape! Now it's time for that IC swap! Where do you live?

Well i dont know if i have much for engine bay pics.. I would have to see if i have some hanging around at all... I live in Peoria, IL right now for school, but ill be transfering next year to Pittsburg state in Kansas to finish up my four year degree.

Well i dont know if i have much for engine bay pics.. I would have to see if i have some hanging around at all... I live in Peoria, IL right now for school, but ill be transfering next year to Pittsburg state in Kansas to finish up my four year degree.

Neil above 8UWITH6 gradumakated there many years ago.

We have a local bud Deron that is attending that college right now and is in his 3rd year(man i cant believe our beer drinkin buddy has been down there so long)

Im sure you guys will have some of the same classes. He goes by kansascityt

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/243814-spring-break-chicago.html

He is laid back, cool guy, meet up with him if you can... , no really, meet up with the guy, he is loves turbo buicks :)

Tell DOC I said hi........... trust me, you will know who he is the 1st day your there, LOL.........................

I sent a PM to him to try to get in touch, it would be cool to catch up with another turbo buick enthusiast, maybe even my age? I dont seem to meet anyone around here or see anyone that has one that knows anyting about it:(
Thanks Guys, Dan

Yeah, i think he just turned 22 in september. He doesnt get on here much.

The local racetrack down there is called mokan

BW

its going to be down quite some time due to me being 2 years into a 4 year collage....:frown:
Shouldn't you be able to spell college before being admitted?? hehe :biggrin:

Lets see pics of the engine bay.......... before............

NICE CAR

I'll see if I have any engine bay shots...but I do have photos of the ported lower intake, and the Kustom fabricated and ported upper plenum.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Before powdercoating:
IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Tell DOC I said hi........... trust me, you will know who he is the 1st day your there, LOL.........................
Yeah, I went down with Dan to visit the school....we definitely met Doc...lol :eek:

Well Dan, we've certainly got some stuff to keep us busy in the garage this winter!! :D
projects.jpg

So are you going to get a set of larger injectors? I'm wondering if you leaned it out. Those 42.5's are very small for E85. Best thing to do is get a modded ECM and a set of 95's or 83's.

So are you going to get a set of larger injectors? I'm wondering if you leaned it out. Those 42.5's are very small for E85. Best thing to do is get a modded ECM and a set of 95's or 83's.

I think racetronix sells high imp 79# injectors

BW

Actually that day i was on 110 leaded race fuel, i was running out of fuel around 21psi on E85. I was pretty heavy on the rich side, and only saw a EGT of about 1000-1100 max...

,Dan