The Great Southwestern Dyno Shootout & Mutton Barbeque:

THE DYNOSTORE said:
How does come on buy and well just screw all ya instead...LOL :biggrin:

David

All right that was not fair... We understand that the other guys have their own way of doing business and we should not judge. We would be more than happy to host your club day if you would let us. We will make every effort to make this event fun and educational.

I forgot to mention, if any of you want to make a quick and minor tune during your 3 pulls, that would be fine. Jeff Price could even help you since he knows these cars damn well..

David

Dyno day

count me in on this as i would love to test the new SCE copper TITAN head gaskets out :eek: and to also once and for all help Jeremy AKA Turbo elky sleep at night knowing what my bucket will do :confused: also Kevin and Lou will come if you put a heard of sheep in front of them, no distance will be too far with that view for them ;) :tongue: let me know asap so i can gauge my schedule as i am making some more changes to the car and want to be sure im done in time. thanks mike. :cool:

ps can the dyno women be prizes? LOL. ;) :biggrin: :cool:

Wells said:
Swanson Performance,22414 South Normandy, Suite H, Torrance, Ca., 90502,
(310) 787-7800
http://www.swansonperformance.com/
-----------------------------
Ok, here's the rundown on Swanson Performance: Swanson's normal fee is $ 125 for a single car, 3 pulls, 10 cars minimum: $65 per car. Community parking lot will hold 15 or so cars, Saturdays only, no Sunday option, start about 9:00 AM. BYOF=Bring your own food. Sounded pretty strictly business.
I offered to supply them with the address of the thread so they could come on the site and defend their cause and they did not sound interested.
Took my 02 Lightining in for for a Dyno session to Swanson's did several pulls & had they had problems creating a chip.My intial comment was That I felt the truck ran real well with some mods I did & was skeptical if it could run any better. Came in with 375 RWHP & left with 385 RWHP for the sum of $700.00 for a chip & no intial estimate. Anyone care to bitch about my prices & how I treat customers? You be the judge!

turbolou said:
Took my 02 Lightining in for for a Dyno session to Swanson's did several pulls & had they had problems creating a chip.My intial comment was That I felt the truck ran real well with some mods I did & was skeptical if it could run any better. Came in with 375 RWHP & left with 385 RWHP for the sum of $700.00 for a chip & no intial estimate. Anyone care to bitch about my prices & how I treat customers? You be the judge!
----------------------------------------
Maybe you should sell them a turbo Buick so they will have to support you in return. At the rate that you charge and the rate that they charge it might take you somewhat longer to get your money back from them. Well, maybe 2 turbo Buicks? Maybe they were punishning you for owning a furd.

re: dyno day

I VOTE ( NOT THAT IT MAY MATTER) FOR THE DYNO STORE THEY SEEM TO BE THE MOST WILLING TO CATER TO OUR EVENT :biggrin: ,BEST PRICE, SOMEWHAT CENTRAL TO MOST OF US AS FAR AS LOCATION, HELL ILL DRIVE TO THEM AND LETS NOT FORGET THE WOMEN! :eek: WHO NEEDS BARBEQUE LOL. PLUS THEY HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO POST HERE AND ASK US WHAT WE WANT AND HOW WE WANT THE DAY TO GO SO I VOTE THE DYNO STORE! ANYONE ELSE WITH ME! :p

Harv's Performance Center, 12221 Riviera Rd., Whittier, Ca., 90606,
(562) 907-7834.I was unable to get a hold of Gilbert so Marvin is contact here. They do not have a web site. I also advised them that this would be posted on TB.com & they were welcome to read or join & participate in the on-going discussion. They said that they were familiar with the site and did not say whether they would post of not. Below are customary & special prices: Customer walk in off the street: $150 per hour with tuning, business: $100 for a single car, 5 or more cars: $75 per car, 10 cars or more: $60 per car, no tuning allowable, Will open Sundays if necessary, can't/won't open till 10 as they are in a resedential district, parking lot on Sat or Sun will hold about 30 cars.

Ok, there's our choices, unless someone has a very late last minute entry. I can't find the poll icon, so no poll I guess. Here's how we'll do it.
Post on this thread where you want to go between the 4 places, The Dyno Store in Chatsworth, Swanson Performance in Torrance, Harv's Performance in Whittier, or R & D Dyno in Gardena. I will post your choice on the original post no 1 where all of the sign up names are. If you change your mind, post here and I will change your choice. After we pick a place, we will opt out a day/date. I will not accept 3rd party choices such as, Hey, I have 10 friends and they all want to go to???????//. Post your choice here please, no e-mails on location choice. Please feel free to call those places for yourself before making a choice, or re-making one. Everybody play fair and thanks for everybody's support. Everybody post up their choice, please.

dyno day

mine and i know i can speak for Jeremy aka turbo elky we both vote for the dyno store and naked chics LOL. I just hope my car can concentrate on the dyno!

1. Harv's
2. Dyno Store
3. R&D
4. Swansons

Harv's has mucho parking

Swanson has limited parking

I've never been to the other 2 so no comments from me

Later

Ray

VadersV6 said:
Theres a chance I'll come. I vote dyno store.
-----------------------------------------
Kool, glad to have you. Looking forward to meeting you. thanks for the support.

ok dyno store only if i get to nail one of the naked chicks.. :) i mean her poster to the wall, dont get the wrong idea guys. also one question do the dyno store have wideband 02's readings, to read how rich or lean the car is running?

dyno store

Like Mike said, Jeremy will agree on the dyno store. And not because the chicks, the odds dont look too good, 3 or 4 chicks w/ no shirts, to 20-30 morons drooling over gn's and an el camino :eek: dyno store. :D

Wells said:
Swanson Performance,22414 South Normandy, Suite H, Torrance, Ca., 90502,
(310) 787-7800
http://www.swansonperformance.com/
Ok, here's the rundown on Swanson Performance: Swanson's normal fee is $ 125 for a single car, 3 pulls, 10 cars minimum: $65 per car. Community parking lot will hold 15 or so cars, Saturdays only, no Sunday option, start about 9:00 AM. BYOF=Bring your own food. Sounded pretty strictly business.
I offered to supply them with the address of the thread so they could come on the site and defend their cause and they did not sound interested.

Well that place sucks :cool:

Wells said:
R & D Dyno Service, 115 E. Gardena Blvd., Unit # 1, Gardena, Ca., 90248,
(310) 516-1003
http://www.rddyno.com/
---------------------------------
Ok, here's the rundown on R & D Dyno in Gardena: Single car is normally $75, 10 car minimum $50 per car. Saturday only, No Sunday option, with 10 cars, they would like to start at 8:00 AM, be out by 12:00 (noon). Darren is the main contact here. Saturday parking lot accomodations 8 to 12 cars max, balance in street, said that if we wanted to schedule runs then we would only have to show up about 15 mins before our run time. Food: Probably vending machines, definitely buy your own. Definitely no tuning between runs.
Sounds like business only. No fun, no food, and damn sure don't even think or ask about anything else. I offered to supply them with the address of the thread so they could come on the site and defend their cause and they did not sound interested.
-------------------------------

They suck too no fun just business no play get a life ;)

that does suck,

I didnt see the time frame on those other shops, who wants to drive 100 miles to spend 60 bucks, and hang out for 2 hours. If worst comes to worst, we can cruis to a local park, and drink beer next to a whole bunch of cars that are considered gang member cars :D and drink beer till its on your shirts :eek: