You can type here any text you want

The importance of data........

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 logs. Alky is used in both logs but something was changed between the two logs, the program was not changed though in anyway or no parts on the car. Can you spot the difference?

comparison.jpg

The injector duty cycle changed

Could be the 25* difference in intake air temp

The injector duty cycle changed

Could be the 25* difference in intake air temp

That is true, but that is not the issue, look at the smoothness of the data for the rpm and AF

norbs said:
That is true, but that is not the issue, look at the smoothness of the data for the rpm and AF

Well, the one on the right looks like a track run through the gears, while the one on the left looks like a quick stab on the street

Ya, but the rpm (I assume red line) is so smoothed out in the left side graph that you can't even see the shift rpm drops.

That is true also but , maybe this will get the point across......
rpms.jpg

Ya, but the rpm (I assume red line) is so smoothed out in the left side graph that you can't even see the shift rpm drops.

No smoothing as been applied to the graphs, but the one on the left is a shorter pass then the one on the right.

The graph on the left C16 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!was added to the car..........that is the only change, so the jagged lines are actually trace amount of KNOCK not being picked up by the knock sensor.. The last graph was a hotter plug and pump gas.

norbs said:
The graph on the left C16 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!was added to the car..........that is the only change, so the jagged lines are actually trace amount of KNOCK not being picked up by the knock sensor.. The last graph was a hotter plug and pump gas.

What data supports that theory norbsy?

I noticed the timing was different on both runs, are there different targets close to eachother on the grid? I've seen this happen to the rpm line when it bounced the timing back and forth because the cells were too close

Can someone tell me the difference between these 2 logs. Alky is used in both logs but something was changed between the two logs, the program was not changed though in anyway or no parts on the car. Can you spot the difference?

View attachment 171288
How did you get/save the XFI screen shots to post them? Those are the clearest XFI screen shots posts I've seen.:)

Back