You can type here any text you want

The look on his face....

• Thread starter Thread starter TurboRyan
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
T

TurboRyan

I was crusing home tonight after church and had this black Mustang GT following me pretty closely. One of the '98+ models. It was quite obvious he wanted to try his luck. However, the road we were on had way too many cars to try any thing, let alone line up at a light side by side, so I just kept on heading for home. We come to my next turn which happens to be a 6 lane divided highway, 441 for you locals, and I take the turn nice and slow so he can stay close (besides, GN's aren't known for their cornering prowess). As soon as I saw him finish his turn I jumped on it. Through 1st gear he was hanging in there. But then comes 2nd and he just starts fading back. It was great.:D Anyway, I tap the brakes and start slowing down, and he pulls up beside me on my passenger's side so I role my window down. All he says is, "Are you spray'n?" I said "no," then he takes off again. I didn't give chase because we were coming up on traffic and I didn't want to do anything stupid.

As luck would have it, I catch up to him later on down the road and pull up on his passenger's side doing about 45 mph and I role the window down again. This time he asks "What does that thing have?" I look at him with a strait face and say, "It's a V6." Ohhh the look on his face.:eek: It was priceless.;) He then says "turbo?" and I say "yes." Well again he jumps on it, and I look ahead see it is clear for quite a distance. So I jump on with him about a car ahead of me. This time I just slowly reel him in and pull up next to him, look over, smile, and get out of it with my point proven.:cool:

The best part of this whole incident was when I got home. I had a message on my answering machine from my father-in-law. He saw the 1st race and couldn't stop laughing. He said he could hear the Mustang down shift and the sound of my turbo sucking tons of air. And then watched the Mustang slowly fade.

Now I have a little predicament. When he asked if I was spray'n I naturally said no because I don't run nitrous. Butttt, I got to think'n because I recently installed an SMC Alky Kit. Does that count as spray'n or not? :confused: I feel like I kinda lied now. Help me out here.

Ryan

BTW Sorry it is so long.

No, you didn't lie, he was was talking about nitrous beings he didn't know you were turbocharged, he wouldn't suspect alky. Most people that know about turbos dont even know abuot alky.

Nice kill

I also have an SMC alky kit on my car and to answer your question the alky kit just allows u to run more boost on pump gas and u don't really gain any horsepower from it, so I wouldn't feel bad about telling him the truth... All throttle no bottle:D BTW, how much boost were u running?

Re: Nice kill

Thanks guys. I feel a little better now. ;)
Originally posted by 86brick
BTW, how much boost were u running?
I haven't quite finished tuning it yet and I'm trying to work out some boost issues. I'm running about 22 psi in 1st, and 15-18 in 2nd and 3rd with out any knock. I'm trying to figure out how to get this thing to 22 psi in all gears. I may have to go with some sort of boost controller.

Ryan

Yeah, I have a dial a boost on my car which allows u to adjust the boost from inside of the car and it makes it a lot easier to tune. I would look into getting something similar cause it makes tunning a lot easier and if u need more boost while in a race u can reach down and turn it up... Gotta watch that boost gauge though:D

Later, Steve

It still amazes me that there are people who don't know what turbo Regals are. And the thing is, this guy you beat may now think that all G-bodies are that fast. ;)

Way to put that Crapstanger in his place! Nothing brightens my day more than to show those pesky rustangs my tailights!

I agree with Lyonsd on this one. It seems like every race where a stanger gets beat, they are always shocked to find out it was a six banger. Are there that many ignorant people out there?

Royal Palm Beach??

Hey TUrboRYan, where is Royal Palm Beach, I live just south of Boca Raton. Where the raced took place sounds real familiar.

Good Kill,
SHoebox

Hey, just a comment about the alcohol injection being considered "cheating". If someone ever calls you on it, just tell them you are more than willing to allow them to do the same, even if they won't pick up more than about 2 HP. :D It isn't cheating any more than running race gas all the time, it's just alot cheaper.

Re: Royal Palm Beach??

Originally posted by blackshoebox
Hey TUrboRYan, where is Royal Palm Beach, I live just south of Boca Raton. Where the raced took place sounds real familiar.

Good Kill,
SHoebox

Royal Palm is basically between Southern Blvd. and little north of Oceechobee and west of 441. The first run happend between Lake Worth and Forest Hill. And the second run happen between Forest Hill and Southern.

Ryan

I know exactly where that is, im usually up there on the weekends hanging out with my g/f. Haven't ran into much action up there, except for one race with a bike and mustang. (its in the kill section) U know of anywhere were everyone cruises up there on the weekends and hangs out??

Shoebox

Originally posted by blackshoebox
U know of anywhere were everyone cruises up there on the weekends and hangs out??

Shoebox

I personally don't know of any hang outs up this way other than Hot Rod Nites on Saturdays. However, my little brother tells me that the ricer crowd likes to hang out and race at the corner of Lake Worth and 441. He says they're there at midnight and later on saturday nights. A little to late for me to personally check out.

Ryan

Awesome kill...

I haven't quite finished tuning it yet and I'm trying to work out some boost issues. I'm running about 22 psi in 1st, and 15-18 in 2nd and 3rd with out any knock. I'm trying to figure out how to get this thing to 22 psi in all gears. I may have to go with some sort of boost controller.

Nah - you should always run more boost in first because there is less load on the motor.

No knock just means you should crank it to 24 in first, then have 20 in 2dn and 3rd. Its in your chip, BTW. Someone *could* change it to be the same, but you can naturally run more in 1st, so why not!

Originally posted by tjthorson
Awesome kill...

Nah - you should always run more boost in first because there is less load on the motor.

No knock just means you should crank it to 24 in first, then have 20 in 2dn and 3rd. Its in your chip, BTW. Someone *could* change it to be the same, but you can naturally run more in 1st, so why not!
Thanks for the tip.

BTW. I noticed on the Mustangs driver's side A pillar he had some sort of red LED's that were flashing sequentially around back and forth in a circular motion. Didn't have time to ask him what it was. Wasn't sure if any of you would have any idea what that was. TIA.

Ryan

No clue. The "knight rider" option? :D

If it was a knock sensor, that would be BAD news......

Maybe some sort of "JC WHitney" fake alarm thing.

Gotta love 441

Originally posted by TurboRyan
BTW. I noticed on the Mustangs driver's side A pillar he had some sort of red LED's that were flashing sequentially around back and forth in a circular motion. Didn't have time to ask him what it was. Wasn't sure if any of you would have any idea what that was.
It's an Air/Fuel Gauge. Tells you if you are running rich or lean.

441 is a good road to run on other than there tend to be lots of cops on that road. I grew up in that area and have run plenty of cars near 441 and Okeechobee. I agree with you guys...how the hell can people not know what a GN or turbo regal is?

Good kill.
I can't believe that in this day in age, people still do not know what a GN is and what they have. :confused:

Re: Nice kill

Originally posted by 86brick
I also have an SMC alky kit on my car and to answer your question the alky kit just allows u to run more boost on pump gas and u don't really gain any horsepower from it

ummmm...............ok:confused:

hot6-231

I guess u think u gain a noticeable amount of horsepower?:confused:

If your talking about increased boost making more power compared to the amount u can run on pump gas (no alky) then yes u do gain horsepower obviously, but when I have race gas in my car at the same boost level the car does not feel any stronger with the alky... I think u misunderstood what I said.... Correct me if I'm wrong:cool:

Back