The new look for Brutus.......

Nice Mike. Which company did you find that can make new outer lips? I've thought about widening my Simmons a little too.

Rob

http://www.tunershop.com/Wheel_accessories/Outer_Lips/custom_built/

http://www.simmonswheel.com.au/

http://wheelflip.com/blog/

Not cheap, but you only do it once.

What size rears do you have now? Also what's your back space?

Looks good. Any thought to white nuts and bolts to stand out from he dish?

No, I'm going to leave these alone, I like it the way it is. Chrome lug nuts and blk center caps is the extent of it.

Rims look great. When you assemble the rims back what do you torque them at? I have some 3 piece wheels that I need to assemble and can't find specs. Thanks

From talking to a couple manufacturers, it all depends the what grade bots you are using.

8.8 = 18ft/lbs
10.9 = 25ft/lbs
12.9 = 30ft/lbs
and Locktite is highly recommended.

I painted my old mustang to match my simmons. :) Not really, but I do love the color matched 3 piece wheels. I sure would like a set in black for my GN for the few times I might street drive it.
img408d71916b5f3.jpg

This is going to take a long time to put it back together. There is a ton of prep work that is needed in order for things to mate back together. No wonder shops charge a premium to powder coat and put them back together. It's a lot of work. The outer barrels are a snug fit when everything is true, but when the powder coat seeped onto the ridge where the lip mounts to...... it no longer fits.

IMG_00000082_zps3aefe22d.jpg

IMG_00000083_zps175ee842.jpg

Same applies to the inner barrel is the same too.

IMG_00000087_zpscd62c1a6.jpg

So out comes the Exacto blade again, and the scraping begins. It took me 2 hours to scrape away the powder coat per rim. When it's done, it looks like this. What a mess.
Front side

IMG_00000085_zps6b3edf74.jpg

IMG_00000086_zps497f1205.jpg

Back side

IMG_00000089_zpsbcd6611d.jpg

IMG_00000091_zps58331968.jpg

Once the mating surface is true, they go together so easily. Now I have one front and one back cleaned up. I still have to Locktite the threads and torque the hardware to spec, then silicone back up the rims. But they look sooooooooo damn good. The guy that powder coat these rims did an amazing job. They look flawless.

b07e32cf-3dce-4ef6-a54b-26bb29e8dfb8_zps3a218b81.jpg

The centers are all cleaned up and assembled to the inner and outer barrels. I'm going to test fit these again on the car and see how much room I have to work with, then it's time to find some tires.
15acb2a6-0309-4afd-b5ed-a1721558d8dc_zps2e5e01be.jpg

IMG_00000102_zps4a954969.jpg

The wheels are all bolted up and torqued to spec, along with a couple beads of silicone to seal them up. I sold the rubber that came with these Simmon's rims I bought last year and I got some front tires so far, I still need the backs. While waiting for that, I will blow the dust off of the S10 brakes I got a couple years ago and repaint them. What you are now going to see is exactly how lazy I have been. These parts have all been bought a long time ago and never installed.

I knew the weight equipment in the basement would come in handy one day. Didn't know it was going to be used as a hook to paint things with.

Calipers

IMG_00000135_zpsb927f942.jpg

pads

IMG_00000136_zps42bb6264.jpg

Here is a side by side of the what was, and now is. The grey and green was the way I bought it off of a guy on the S10 board. All parts are brand new. I bought the fronts for $175.
IMG_00000144_zps97df7ecc.jpg

Close up of the finished piece.

IMG_00000141_zps0d9c4088.jpg

c6e04b6f-a40e-493c-b53e-059a131b8401_zps263d82d5.jpg

Cleaned and repainted my Vacuum Master cylinder I got last year that I will be using this year in place of my Stock Powermaster.

IMG_00000189_zpsbd09d79c.jpg

Also blew the dust off of the rear Wilwood brakes I bought 4 years ago and started to mound my collection of parts in my basement workshop/ man cave.

IMG_00000174_zps0d1d27a7.jpg

IMG_00000208_zpsd0a6e0b7.jpg

Lastly my X-Mas present the wife bought me. Afco BNC double adjustable front coil overs.
d2fc391b-2850-4c51-a04f-c47a171ff173_zps5ba0b783.jpg

Wonder how long it's gonna take to get all this in the car............. I can tell you this, unless it warms up, it ain't happening anytime soon. I must be getting old because I would have all this installed the day I got it. Now it's a chore. Although I have a heater in the garage, I just can't get myself in there to wrench. I hate touching cold tools and metal. I know. "your a wuss". Your right!!

Very nice mike ,I'm jealous LOL. Totally know wut u mean bout trying to get urself out to the garage even with heat. Are those afco shocks a true coil over,or are they like the qa1 setup hy-bred? I might be goin coilover myself ..thanks joel

Even in Florida, if it gets chilly, the couch looks better than the creeper, my goal this year is to install what ever I buy within 2 months, lately is has been 48 hours, tonight the new headlights will be installed within hours of the brown truck leaving them.
Is that front brake swap the sealed bearing blazer version ?

Very nice mike ,I'm jealous LOL. Totally know wut u mean bout trying to get urself out to the garage even with heat. Are those afco shocks a true coil over,or are they like the qa1 setup hy-bred? I might be goin coilover myself ..thanks joel

Joel, these are direct replacement bolt in front shocks that also can be used as a true coil over with the hardware kit they sell. Trz Motor sports sells a better kit that changes the upper perches so you can run a 10" long spring which works amazing on G-bodies.

Even in Florida, if it gets chilly, the couch looks better than the creeper, my goal this year is to install what ever I buy within 2 months, lately is has been 48 hours, tonight the new headlights will be installed within hours of the brown truck leaving them.
Is that front brake swap the sealed bearing blazer version ?

Yes it is the sealed Blazer version .

Joel, these are direct replacement bolt in front shocks that also can be used as a true coil over with the hardware kit they sell. Trz Motor sports sells a better kit that changes the upper perches so you can run a 10" long spring which works amazing on G-bodies.

Yes it is the sealed Blazer version .
Interested in the shock options, need to dump my front end, was looking at the shorter moog spring, or maybe blazer drop spindles and a brake swap....two birds one stone !