The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Im a little confused. How can a GN have so many codes when a Limited had the long list of options available that a GN did not?

RPO Sticker

dennis this is my picture of sticker 52 codes ,i sent my address to kirban performance e mail

Attachments

• 108_05312.jpg
    108_05312.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 316
Im a little confused. How can a GN have so many codes when a Limited had the long list of options available that a GN did not?

That is the reason my car has so many even though it is somewhat stripped(No pwr win/locks/seat). It is because all of the pieces of blacked out trim had a code, even the frt/rr bumpers had a code. The chrome stuff had none since it was standard equipment. Limited included a bunch of standard stuff as part of the limited pkg also so there weren't additional codes.

So close on the low end. I've got 53 codes on my T. Interesting thread, thanks Dennis.

Attachments

• rpolabel.JPG
    rpolabel.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 302
kirban 2 cents worth

back tracking on above posts. The Connecticut state trooper car. I had one also same color. So it appears Connecticut must have had a few of them. Does it appear that the wires to your headlites where cut and spliced. Does your car have a few holes in the dash trim or above the radio. They were low option cars and by using Ts, blended rite in with regular cars.

I had a good customer years ago who had several Turbo Regals and would buy them and bring them down for me. His name escapes me at the moment as he passed away maybe 4-5 years ago. He would always attend the GS Nats....He also had a GNX that he sold to a customer of mine and I later bought the GNX as well.

At this point in time the low end is 52 codes Donnie & Myself. The high end is 98 code Reggie Jacksons Limited car. That shows 46 codes between the two numbers. So, now you can clearly see the thousands or more of possibilities and combinations that are possible.

Also Texas T above that info is dead on a good number of the codes are standard listing each coil spring and a bunch of other stuff. The codes is simply not just options. It is basically the DNA for building your car. Besides that label that ties everything together you had at least 2 different broadcast sheets.

One can usually be found in your door and the other wrapped probably in one of your seat springs usually the rear sat cushion. Many owners have found that one when they do the rear seat brace kit. The door one by now is usually ruined if rain has seeped in. For those of you that insist on the technical terms they are and I spelled it the way GM did:

Department Cushion Room Bcast Station RRST

Other is Department Door Pad BCast Station LPAD

That is the exact heading on the two paper sheets I am referring to. Both of these would contain your 17 digit VIN number.

I am sure based on my car that somebody can hit a lower number than I have and Donnie has at 52. I am not sure if anyone can hit triple digits on the high end perhaps a Canadian built car.

Keep the info coming as I got some other neat stuff to share concerning options etc.

This has become one popular thread under Turbo Lounge.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Don't claim to know it all, but enough to place pretty high on a written test.

Thanks Dennis

i have decoded my low optioned T all but 2 codes VQ1 VY2 have not found these codes on any posts yet ,thanks for taking the time ,you should have a weekly quiz , you are truely a gentleman ,any ideas on the last 2 codes will be appreciated

Thanks Kirban Interesting thread , 6 rows 13, 1 of 5 (83) I also thought my GN had alot of options , Question how about GNX what was standard options numbers, was there low options on GNX's ?

kirbans 2 cents

Donnie I can't find them codes in any of the production booklets I have nor the price directory or 44W. Neither code is one of my 52 codes either. V codes seem to jump all over with the 2 popular ones being VD6 and VD7 which everone would love to have a they are the aluminum bumper supports which sheds a lot of weight.

Never claimed to know it all, I do appreciate the complments. I got some ideas keep watching.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Got owners thinking, if the number of codes matches the year of your car you oughta play your states lottery at least once.

kirban 2 cents worth

On the above about the GNX I was going to hold back awhile on that car. If Herb Fishman is reading this thread or any GNX owner could share the actual count of codes.

To answer part of your question, all GNXs supposedly had the same options, based on that every GNX should in theory anyhow have the same number of codes. No one I believe could vouch and state all the codes would be 100% the same even if that was the intention.

Interesting point is their is a code in the GNX trunk ID label that signifies a GNX. Most GNX owners by now know that code.

The code is T2L and in the March 2001 Production booklet it merely states GNX package 1987. Interesting to me anyhow is I have never seen any reference to that code T2L prior to March 2001.

I am not saying it does not exist in any Buick formats only in my research material it does not appear before 2001 March.

If Herb is reading this or any GNX owner it would be interesting to know since all GNXs came from existing GNs does the WE2 code exist on the trunk ID label also?
Just a thought.

I bought and sold 8 real GNXs but I didn't copy any of the trunk ID labels. These are all interesting points, so lets see what comes up from my questions.

Still no one has under 52 codes or more than 98.

Here is my guess in the dark as to how many codes would be on a GNX label. If I had to guess I would say somewhere around 82 to 90.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Not the brightest in the game, but know enough to make it interesting.

My RPO Codes

Here are the codes off my 1986 T-Type's RPO sticker that I wrote down awhile back..

1) AS7 - Front split seat
2) AU3 - Lock control, DR elec.
3) AO1 - Window, tinted all shaded, w/s
4) A31 - Window, power opperated, side
5) A90 - Lock control, RR compt lid
6) BC3 - Ornamentation, Int, Instrument panel, deluxe
7) BD1 - Exterior moulding, rocker panel, Delete
8) BS1 - Insulation, Acoustical Pkg
9) BV6 - Ornamentation, extr, lock cyldr, painted
10) BV8 - Ornamentation, Extr, DR handle, lock cyl
11) BX5 - Ornamentation, Extr moulding, roof drip, painted
12) B24 - Ornamentation, Extr moulding, Side window, black
13) B26 - Ornamentation, Intr, DR pull handles, FRT
14) B32 - Covering, Front floor mats, AUX
15) B33 - Covering, Rear floor mats, AUX
16) B48 - Trim equipment, luggage compartment
17) B71 - Moulding, Whl opening, colored
18) B72 - Extr MLDG belt revel, colored
19) B77 - Extr MLDG W/S revel, colored
20) B79 - Extr rear end ??
21) B88 - Moulding body side custom
22) B89 - Extr MLDG, RR window revel
23) B91 - Extr MLDG, DR edge gaurd
24) B94 - Extr Emblem, body, VAR 1
25) CD4 - Windshield wiper system, Pulse
26) C18 - Arm & blade, WSW ???
27) C49 - Defogger, RR window, Electric
28) C60 - HVAC system, Air cond, Frt manual controls
30) D55 - Console, Frt complete, floor
31) D64 - Mirror, I/S RH, Sunshade, Illum
32) D68 - Mirror, O/S, L/H & R/H Rem cont, Painted
33) D71 - Gear, speedo driven
34) E5Z - Speedo adapter delete, analog only
35) FE2 - Suspension system, ride handling
36) FFL - Flint michigan, Fisher body Plant 1, BOC
37) GQ1 -Axle, STD ratio
38) GU6 - Axle rear, 3:42 ratio
39) G80 - Axle Posi traction, limited slip
40) G87 - Ring gear, 8.50 inch
41) KO9 - Genorator, 120 amp
42) K34 - Cruise control, automatic, electronic
43) LC2 - 6cyl, 3.8, SFI, v6, turbo, HO
44) MW9- Auto 4 speed, THM 200, conv clutch
45) MX0 - Merchandised, trans, auto provisions, O/D
46) NA5 - Emission system, federal, Tier 0
47) NP5 - Leather wraped steering wheel
48) NQ5 - Cap, steering WHL horn, Deluxe
49) N33 - Tilt steering, column
50) N89 - Wheel, Turbo aluminum
51) PON - Pontiac michigan
52) QYZ - P215/65R15 / NBLR / PE ST TL HWY
53) TL6 - Grill, black
54) TL8 - Ornamentation, Extr MLDG hood
55) TT5 - Halogen, headlamps
56) T47 - Turbo hood
57) T82 - Headlamps, auto on/off cont
58) T83 - Headlamps, DR special
59) T93 - Lamp, Tail & Stop, special
60) UA1 - Heavy duty battry
61) UQ1 - Radio provisions, stereo
62) US7 - Automatic power antena
63) UW4 - Concert sound, speaker system
64) UX1 - Radio, am/fm stereo, cassette, equalizer, clock
65) U23 - Cluster, inst, trim odom
66) VD6 - Bumper provisions, FRT Aluminum
67) VD7 - Bumper provisions, RR Aluminum
68) VK3 - License plate, front mounting pkg
69) V73 - Plate inscription ??
70) W11 - T-Type pkg
71) YT9 - Door quarters, design fisher
72) 11U - Primary color, WHT
73) 6YT - FRT spring, LFT
74) 7YT - FRT spring, RT
75) 8HP - Rear spring, LFT
76) 823 - Trim combination, Leather, Med DK grey, (3) (91)
77) 82I - Interior trim, med DK grey, (91)
78) 829 - seat belt color, med dk grey (91)
79)9HP - Rear spring, RT

kirban 2 cents worth

Appreciate the above posting so owners can see basically what the codes stand for. As you can see from the above you can have 4 codes just describing the rear end. The main code for the rear of interest is G80 for the posi. Note in the above Scotts car has AS7. It just so happens that is the rare leather seat option. I gave the production numbers earlier for the tan and grey leather. I assume Scotts interior is grey?

The B48 code is the full trunk carpet kit 9 piece. It was only $47 interesting enough if you bought all the pieces afterwards it cost more than that even back then.

The T93 code I agree with the definition, but don't know what that means? Do you Scott? Not familar with that code.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Keep them coming.......

numbers to beat 52 downward or 98 upward

kirban 2 cents worth

Appreciate the above posting so owners can see basically what the codes stand for. As you can see from the above you can have 4 codes just describing the rear end. The main code for the rear of interest is G80 for the posi. Note in the above Scotts car has AS7. It just so happens that is the rare leather seat option. I gave the production numbers earlier for the tan and grey leather. I assume Scotts interior is grey?

The B48 code is the full trunk carpet kit 9 piece. It was only $47 interesting enough if you bought all the pieces afterwards it cost more than that even back then.

The T93 code I agree with the definition, but don't know what that means? Do you Scott? Not familar with that code.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Keep them coming.......

numbers to beat 52 downward or 98 upward
Yes Dennis it's Grey. I have no idea what T93 is to be honest. The other ones that had me baffled also were those with ?? after them.

Scot W.

Was the inside door panel light an option? I don't remember this on my 87 limited (non-turbo)

kirban 2 cents worth

Lets see if this click on the quote works, since I overlooked this before. Yes, on the Limited the twin lite at the bottom of the door panel was an additional option. Trunk ID code is C90 and the price was $44.00.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Owned a few Turbo Limiteds over the years.

kirban 2 cents worth

Lets see how sharp the readers of this thread are:

Granted this is my opinion and once I tell you the answer I think most would agree with my findings.

Here is the question make sure you read it correctly:

What option do you think is the rarest that was available on the Turbo-T Limited?

No more clues than that.

See how long it takes for a correct answer to "pop" up.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hint: Personally, I never had one with this feature.

kirban 2 cents worth

Lets see how sharp the readers of this thread are:

Granted this is my opinion and once I tell you the answer I think most would agree with my findings.

Here is the question make sure you read it correctly:

What option do you think is the rarest that was available on the Turbo-T Limited?

No more clues than that.

See how long it takes for a correct answer to "pop" up.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Hint: Personally, I never had one with this feature.

Astro Roof/Sun Roof? Electric Antenna?

kirban 2 cents worth

so far no correct answers to my question on the "rarest" option found on a Turbo Limited.

Keep thinking...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Just seeing how well readers know these Turbo cars....