The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

I think the Gov Meth test cars will have some of the lowest codes.
May can get Gary to count his.

me and Donnie have close if not identical cars (when they were new at least:biggrin:)
my car has a very low code count also,i cant remember off the top of my head,and the car is at the shop,so i cannot go see and count right quick.will check tommow.
the only option i remember is rear defrost,which is odd because the car has no options that i recall...the dept of energy ordered the least exspensive turbo regal back then that they could, i guess.....

no idea what T93 is to be honest.

VQ1 VY2 have not found these codes on any posts yet

Found it listed in one place as T93 : TAIL & STOP LAMP, SMOKED which may or may not help it make more sense.

If you google VQ1 it comes up as a fleet code. As for VY2??? Hope that helps

Assuming they are all the same, 87 codes and WE2 is one of them.

Appreciate the info on the GNX ID so at 87 codes I was pretty darn close. I guess it makes sense in the scheme of things that a GNX would also cary the WE2 Grand National code.

Any thoughts or have you seen any Buick ID numbers to show that the GNX code T2L showed up in print prior to March 2001?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Yeah, I wish the GNXs I sold I held onto longer especially the one I sold for $13,500.

Heavily padded half vinyl roof/landau roof???

kirban 2 cents worth

You have done your homework, you are correct what I refer to as a Caddy style padded roof is the thicker version that you seldom ever ever have seen on a Turbo-T Limited.

There is one, that usually shows up at the GS Nats every year naturally I can't member his name, he resides in Florida it is a white one. Pretty certain he ordered it new or bought it brand new.

The code for the standard "Landau Vinyl Top" GM wording not mine is C04 listed for $200.00.

The code for the ultra rare Caddy style or as GM calls it "Heavily-padded Landau Top" was D84 and carried a sticker price of $260.00.

If you think about it, has the word heavy in the description a Limited is heavier to start with and this adds more weight. Again you can form your own ideas as to why this was not a popular option.

While some of the above guesses were quite good I think most of you will agree that this thicker roof option is not an every day feature you will see. The car I mentioned above is the only one I have ever seen.

Good work......

Going to try again later to stump the reading public. With access to the internet it kind gives everyone a "leg up" compared to the days of long a go.

Yes, I never owned a Limited with that Caddy style funky roof. I am pretty certain that is where Buick got it from if you see some of the Caddys from that time period. I am not sure if Cadillac offered two versions of them or not.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

til next time.....good answers

kirban 2 cents worth

Here goes: Last question of the day since its the weekend.

Again referring to the 1987 Turbo-T Limited.

This again involves my opinion and based on what I have seen. Once the answer is revealed I am pretty certain most of you will be in agreement and in most cases probably never saw one.

Here goes:

On a Turbo-T Limited on the exterior what combination of 2 options would be extremely rare to see.

I have 4 answers that fit technically this category. So, with 4 possibilities you got pretty good shot at what I am thinking about.

Of the 4 possible answers, I am thinking of, I have owned one of these unusual Turbo-T Limiteds.

I am ruling out all the possible paint schemes as the answer I am seeking has nothing to do with paint colors.

good luck

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Let see if T-Top flyer scores again

94 options here so I posted

Looks like I have a lot! Original owner, 1986 GN, california car. I redid the interior with all Porsche carpet, baby a$$ smooth, put it in the trunk too. And I have a bunch of stuff put on it inside and out, a few very rare after market parts. 16x10 rikens, carbon kevlar reclinable racing seat, black edition apexi avcr, 4 takata harness (all rare parts from japan). Thanks for the information in advance kirban.

just click the thumbnail to see the 94 optioned original owner still, 1986 GN moon roof cailfornia car :)

Heavy Landeau half roof WITH...

Hi Dennis,

Just taking a break from working/detailing my Limited right now and saw your post, I would have to say based on reading your books many times and actually being lucky enough to see the real deal last summer it would be the Limited with the Heavy Landeau half roof WITH Astroroof which would make it a super rare and very expensive combination back in the day especially with the Astroroof comming in almost at a cool grand!

I was actually lucky enough to see a incredible time campsule, a original survivor 1987 Buick Regal Limited Turbo that belonged to my local friendly GM dealer who is now retired. His father who was a master GM Salesmen who ordered the car new and now his son has it and funny enough his son ended up owning his own Pontiac, Buick GMC Truck dealership for 20 years that the father had nothing to do with or owned.

The car as it sits now is what I would say is about 98% correct with the exception of the original white sided, black top GM Delco battery and original black PF47 'assembly line' oil filter from the factory. It has just under 4,000 original miles and has some incredible, super rare options like two tone designer paint AND the heavy landeau padded top WITH Astroroof, Opera light's, cornering lights, factory block heater, twilight sentinel, Grey leather interior, factory security system, Concert II Sound system and the lists goes on. It even still has the original Goodyear Whitewall tires on it perhaps with the original air! :eek: I am fortunate to have a copy of the build sheet for this car and when I tell you this thing is loaded, his Dad ordered it up right. About the only options it does not have are the black out package and a few other options. It is what I aspire to get my Limited to. It even has a perfect, never sprayed or undercoated chassis and MINT original exhaust system with the factory GM decal on the catalytic converter which has never burned or fell off yet!

:D
Regards,
Jason

kirban 2 cents worth

Here goes:

On a Turbo-T Limited on the exterior what combination of 2 options would be extremely rare to see.

If it's what I think I'd say reggie44 technically beat me to it. Would love to see the car he desribes by the way. Sound outstanding! My first thought is a roof option (astroroof or t-tops) + a vinyl half-roof option??? Could also be WO2 black out package with chrome mirrors????

Appreciate the info on the GNX ID so at 87 codes I was pretty darn close. I guess it makes sense in the scheme of things that a GNX would also cary the WE2 Grand National code.

Any thoughts or have you seen any Buick ID numbers to show that the GNX code T2L showed up in print prior to March 2001?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com
Yeah, I wish the GNXs I sold I held onto longer especially the one I sold for $13,500.

I don't know about any data prior to 2001 but I think it's really neat/ironic that the Grand National to end all Grand Nationals had exactly 87 codes in 1987. Makes me wonder if they planned it that way:cool:

94 options here so I posted

Looks like I have a lot! Original owner, 1986 GN, california car. I redid the interior with all Porsche carpet, baby a$$ smooth, put it in the trunk too. And I have a bunch of stuff put on it inside and out, a few very rare after market parts. 16x10 rikens, carbon kevlar reclinable racing seat, black edition apexi avcr, 4 takata harness (all rare parts from japan). Thanks for the information in advance kirban.

just click the thumbnail to see the 94 optioned original owner still, 1986 GN moon roof cailfornia car :)

94 codes quite a lot more than most as members look at that see how full the label is? However, the game is still open 98 is the number to beat on the high end and 52 is the number to beat on the low end.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

94 codes quite a lot more than most as members look at that see how full the label is? However, the game is still open 98 is the number to beat on the high end and 52 is the number to beat on the low end.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

great news thanks! Who is the guy with 98? Is the 98 optioned car a 1986 or 1987? Is he an original owner as well? Sorry for the multiple questions, but I am on a good one right now after learning more about my options thanks again!

kirban 2 cents worth

To answer several of the above posts....

Jason that car you described is in my opinion one of a kind and must have had a sticker price of 20 grand plus. That trunk ID label has to to top 100 I would think.

You are still in the lead at 98 codes....the game is still open to beat Jason out of Canada. I can attest to the fact he has a sweet car. I saw it when it sat in a museum in Daytona Beach. I think that museum has since then shut down.

Jason from what I hear even polished the under side of the car.

The answer I was seeking is again not related to any paint schemes because the combos as ever knows by this point would be staggering. Math was never my strong suit in high school.

Having a Turbo-T lImited with either padded roof option and either a T-Top option besides or a astroroof option besides!

I sold years ago a burgundy Turbo-T Limited that had the landau roof option (standard one) and T-Tops. Granted a car like this wold not have what you would consider a sinister or agressive performance look.

Until I read up on it I did not think you could get a astroroof with the padded roof option because of space issues.

As for 87 GNX codes hitting on the 1987 GN could be rite. Again working with numbers the WE4 production was 1,547 was that planned since they built 547 GNXs? It's just too bad the internet was not cranking back then like today when we could have found out a lot of this info while it was fresh in someones mind at Flint.

You guys did good.

Still can't believe no one can pull lower numbers than 52 than Donnie & Myself. Weird thing is my car was one I originally bought to sell. I tried to sell it for $12,500 several winters ago. When it did not sell within 30 days I started to really look it over. Reason is when I picked up the car it was like 5 below zero and at nite. Those that have seen it know how nice it is. It shows up on our website under about us I think...as I have no clue how to post photos on any emails etc...

Anyrate, give me a few minutes have to hit on another question.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Seeking rare ones is fun

great news thanks! Who is the guy with 98? Is the 98 optioned car a 1986 or 1987? Is he an original owner as well? Sorry for the multiple questions, but I am on a good one right now after learning more about my options thanks again!

kirban 2 cents worth

Jason out of Canada who owns Reggie Jacksons loaded Limited holds it at 98 trunk ID codes. He is not the original owner. It has had seveal owners and is in show quality condition.

Its a very desireable dark blue outside with tan leather combo which is an unusual combo in itself.

See earlier posts for more info on his car.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Got people thinking........

A little blurry but you get the picture (no pun intended);) 95 Codes.

mirrorandrpo003.jpg

kirban 2 cents worth

Getting close with 94 and 95 codes still nobody has bested 98 codes. Or lowballed 52 codes.

Will throw out one more question for the day.

Concerning T-Tops love them or hate them whichever group you are in.

What American built car was the very FIRST to put T-Tops into production cars which led to a minor issue with the inventor.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I hear there is no an opening for CEO position of GM....

kirban 2 cents worth

Getting close with 94 and 95 codes still nobody has bested 98 codes. Or lowballed 52 codes.

Will throw out one more question for the day.

Concerning T-Tops love them or hate them whichever group you are in.

What American built car was the very FIRST to put T-Tops into production cars which led to a minor issue with the inventor.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I hear there is no an opening for CEO position of GM....

Got to be a mid 60's vette, I remember a local Dr. here had a 67 and it didn't have them. It was a split window coupe If I remember right.

Ty

Got to be a mid 60's vette, I remember a local Dr. here had a 67 and it didn't have them. It was a split window coupe If I remember right.

Ty

The 1967 Vette was not a split window the 1963 Vette was. The 64-65-66-67 were note. Yes I had a 63 Vette years ago when hey were $2500 cars....

Keep trying

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

meant to say I here their is an opening for CEO at GM.