The official V8 build begins

Yes actually its gone 167 MPH after a valve spring change. Were gonna tighten the converter and it will likely go 170 with no other changes.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_mElnQecE[/YOUTUBE]

Thats flying!! Im thinking of doing a V8 turbo in my TTA, im new to this. Can i ask how you monitor O2s, and Knock? Is it complicatied? As far as ignition, can you use a 7AL MSD setup, or you got to go with a FAST system?

I'll answer that. Louie had an XFI when his car was a V6 and he kept it for the V8 project.

Thanks !

As Cal said, FAST XFI with a Crane Hi6 ignition box. No MSD junk for me. I wouldnt worry about complicated. Build as you want and have Cal walk you thru the install then he can tune it for you. Living in GA you can bring it down and have him get it runing right.

I considered doing the same with my TTA. You have the potential to go faster and be lighter than a G Body. I would prefer the torque arm suspension for drag racing. Also there are a multitude of tubular K members available. But be careful, the TTA purists may get mad at you..lol

Just looking through old threads and saw this.

Louie, I noticed you are using a solid stocker type motor mount. At what power level should you run a motor plate and mid plate? Or is the little m block have strong enough motor mount bosses??

The Little M is much stronger than a 010 SBC block. Just looking at the pan rails and main webs is quite evident. If I remember correctly, the Little M weighs over 200 lbs.I currently run a midplate a stock style solid motor mounts. I feel that although I have not had any issues yet, that I should install a front plate. Its on the list of mods.

The Little M is much stronger than a 010 SBC block. Just looking at the pan rails and main webs is quite evident. If I remember correctly, the Little M weighs over 200 lbs.I currently run a midplate a stock style solid motor mounts. I feel that although I have not had any issues yet, that I should install a front plate. Its on the list of mods.

Thanks for the reply Louie, I am getting geared up to put a turbo SBC in my car so I am looking at all of the options.

I wonder when you will get to the point where the Crane Hi6 won't be enough ignition box?? Going 167+ with it is amazing. :) I went with the same box and coil a few years ago and it looks like I will be using it with the V8.

Thanks !

As Cal said, FAST XFI with a Crane Hi6 ignition box. No MSD junk for me. I wouldnt worry about complicated. Build as you want and have Cal walk you thru the install then he can tune it for you. Living in GA you can bring it down and have him get it runing right.

I considered doing the same with my TTA. You have the potential to go faster and be lighter than a G Body. I would prefer the torque arm suspension for drag racing. Also there are a multitude of tubular K members available. But be careful, the TTA purists may get mad at you..lol
Will keep them in mind. Plan to start work next month. Great work you guy's.

Updated pics. New turbo location, dual down pipes and fender exhaust

P6130093.jpg

P6130094.jpg

P6130101.jpg

It looks great, Louie, I remember that car many years ago. What a change. :) Are you running the engine coolant through the liquid IC, or a separate tank?

It looks great, Louie, I remember that car many years ago. What a change. :) Are you running the engine coolant through the liquid IC, or a separate tank?

Yup you remember me following you up to Bristol when your trans seal blew ! Long time...

The water from the ic goes into the motor to keep it cool, then back to the tank.