The official V8 build begins

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
Ive recieved PMs and Emails asking what the final plans for my car. Some plans had to change due to budget. Turbo, IC, Heads,Block are on order..
I will start posting pics as stuff arrives..

Here is the final plan:

400ci SBC
Dart Little M 4.125 bore
Pro action 23* heads fully ported
Super Victor EFI intake(Dustys old unit)
160 lb injectors
JE pistons
GRP or MGP rods
Howards crankshaft
Cam unknown as of yet..(custom)

PTE 106 G trim
PTE 2000 liquid IC
The rest of the car will remain the same.
All fab work, headers, charge tubing ect..will be done by me.
And of course tuning by Cal Hartline;)

Pics to follow:cool:

Your gonna burn in he** Louie.

Why in the world would you want to put a cheaper motor with more hp and reliability than a Stage 2 in your GN:D

You need to stick with the V6 so you can argue in the TSO section...it's been dead lately.

Ive recieved PMs and Emails asking what the final plans for my car. Some plans had to change due to budget. Turbo, IC, Heads,Block are on order..
I will start posting pics as stuff arrives..

Here is the final plan:

400ci SBC
Dart Little M 4.125 bore
Pro action 23* heads fully ported
Super Victor EFI intake(Dustys old unit)
160 lb injectors
JE pistons
GRP or MGP rods
Howards crankshaft
Cam unknown as of yet..(custom)

PTE 106 G trim
PTE 2000 liquid IC
The rest of the car will remain the same.
All fab work, headers, charge tubing ect..will be done by me.
And of course tuning by Cal Hartline;)

Pics to follow:cool:
you cannn do ittttt .............

Your gonna burn in he** Louie.

Why in the world would you want to put a cheaper motor with more hp and reliability than a Stage 2 in your GN:D

You need to stick with the V6 so you can argue in the TSO section...it's been dead lately.

Now thats funny! I dont know how it can be dead in there... its winter!

But to be fair, my S2 was good to me. just didnt get greedy with it and ran in on a super safe tune up. But even so i was always worried about it. Im looking foward to many more days at the track running mid 8s and only changing oil and plugs..LOL

From the looks of it, all these v8 cars and all well be able to have our own class TS8 or TST for Turbo street traitors:D

I'm still on the fence with mine... been thinking of swapping to a blow-thru V8 setup.

I have a nice little 355 with forged flat-tops sitting in my garage under the workbench... Next to it is a pair of 454's too... :D

Hmmm...;)

That should be a stout combo!

What is the 106 turbo rated at? How high do you plan to spin the motor?

The 106 is rated at 2400. No way ill come even close to using it all. I made a last minute change on cylinder heads which could have used more of that turbo. But decided to stick with the 106.

I dont wanna spin it past 7500. The less the better.

OK now were cooking with grease:eek:
Parts are finally rolling in:

The crank and intake are here. By weeks end i should have pics of the Brodix CNC ported heads and Dart block from Champion Racing!:eek:

Attachments

• V8intake.JPG
    V8intake.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 3,466
  • Howards crank.jpg
    Howards crank.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3,455
Louie,

It is amazing how fast a V8 project can come together isn't it?
Good luck bro.

Dusty,

The intake is untouched...I am thinking of powder coating it tho...

John,
You are absolutely right. I could have had everything at least last week. But shopping around for the best price ususally means longer waits.The only real hold up is the rods. CP usually has them in stock but my luck was out. GRP told me that the short rod has become some what popular again..

2nd part to that is this is a bad time of year to get any rods made .. Rod makes are all tied up filling orders for all the big racing teams.. Hopefully by the 28th of this month..