The official V8 build begins

What brand rockers. They look real nice.

They are Probe industries. They make lots of Ford parts.Probe has a line of Chevy rocker shafts. The traditional non-offset shafts are about 250.00 less than TDs or Jesels sportsmans.

They make offets but are almost as much as the others. Not much saving when going that route.

Bill i went with a 5.690 rod. It was the only way to use the readily available xtreme duty pistons I wanted. I could have used the 6 in rod , just didnt like what was readily available. Im familiar with what you went thru. Dusty is working on the same issues from what I believe.

What length rods? I used 6" on mine but it took a real creative piston design to get it in there with a 3.750 stroke and the small chamber on the SB2.2 to get the compression down to a reasonable level!

Yep Bill, same deal here. I have to run 6 inch rods because of the crank. I'd like to put aluminum rods in it but I'd like to know how much clearancing has to be done to the rod before I order them. I may just go with the Oliver Speedway's.

Have you got your cam yet? It's at least a 6 week wait for a custom billet grind. I could not get the cam I wanted out of an existing core.

Yep Bill, same deal here. I have to run 6 inch rods because of the crank. I'd like to put aluminum rods in it but I'd like to know how much clearancing has to be done to the rod before I order them. I may just go with the Oliver Speedway's.

Have you got your cam yet? It's at least a 6 week wait for a custom billet grind. I could not get the cam I wanted out of an existing core.

I used aluminum rods (.300 thick at the top), but my pistons are kind of crazy looking, not conventional at all and I had to use buttons with SMALL pins!Did you get your pistons yet?Be sure to VERIFY the thickness at the center of the dish. I would not use less than .200 for the punishment you plan on putting it through and that is only if you are coating them! That is where I ran into problems but Arias got it right on the second 10. I have the cam. If I could only get a chassis to put it in......:(

Block and heads

Block and heads came in today . Heads are CNC ported Brodix Track 1 heads. Champion racing upgraded the exhaust valves to Ferrea super alloys.The also decked the heads and reassembled.

Attachments

• Track1.JPG
    Track1.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,474
  • Track12.JPG
    Track12.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,484
  • Little M.JPG
    Little M.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,464
I used aluminum rods (.300 thick at the top), but my pistons are kind of crazy looking, not conventional at all and I had to use buttons with SMALL pins!Did you get your pistons yet?Be sure to VERIFY the thickness at the center of the dish. I would not use less than .200 for the punishment you plan on putting it through and that is only if you are coating them! That is where I ran into problems but Arias got it right on the second 10. I have the cam. If I could only get a chassis to put it in......:(

No pistons yet. Waiting on exhaust valves so I can cc the heads and get my final piston specs. I swapped to a later casting head a few weeks ago and I don't have the cc size of the chambers.

I know mine will also use the buttons. My crank turned out OK, it's getting a new heat treat and will be back in a couple weeks.

Block and heads came in today . Heads are CNC ported Brodix Track 1 heads. Champion racing upgraded the exhaust valves to Ferrea super alloys.The also decked the heads and reassembled.

You are gonna have the potential to make good power Louie, you need to add a couple bolts to those middle exh ports and a coolant line as well.
Good luck!

Where do you add the couple of bolts Bill?

I'm guessing between those two bolt holes you see in the pic.

FWIW. I ran the same heads with 1/2 thick SPD flanges and had no sealing issues. But the flanges are so thin between the two ports that it appeared to have some cross leakage between those two cylinders. I can't say that extra bolts would help.

Intercooler

PTE Liquid IC is here. Sure looks small for a 2000 hp unit.:eek:

Attachments

• PTE 2000.JPG
    PTE 2000.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,429
  • PTE2001.JPG
    PTE2001.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 3,337
How about some pics with a measuring tape or at least shoot me the dimensions. I may upgrade.

Are those 2 inlets and outlets on each end of the water side?

3/4 or 1 inch pipe thread???

Dusty,
Tried to take pics with the tape measure, they came out all funky. Here are the numbers :
16.0 in. hight(to the endges of the water outlets)
14.5 in. wide
8.75 in. thick

I dont know the size of the fittings but i measured inside the hole from thread to thread and its 1in. There are 2 ports on each end of the ic.

Dusty,
Tried to take pics with the tape measure, they came out all funky. Here are the numbers :
16.0 in. hight(to the endges of the water outlets)
14.5 in. wide
8.75 in. thick

I dont know the size of the fittings but i measured inside the hole from thread to thread and its 1in. There are 2 ports on each end of the ic.

Thanks...how about center to center of the 4 inch pipes?

OK back on track ! Machine shop is finally done with all of the parts. They had to clearance the block quite a bit to get the Alum rods to clear. Got it home and Cal started putting it all together. Back on track again!

Oh please forgive the block color. i dont know what came over the machine shop. It will be all black by tommorow night !

Attachments

• Little M.JPG
    Little M.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,309
  • Little M2.JPG
    Little M2.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 3,249
OK back on track ! Machine shop is finally done with all of the parts. They had to clearance the block quite a bit to get the Alum rods to clear. Got it home and Cal started putting it all together. Back on track again!

Oh please forgive the block color. i dont know what came over the machine shop. It will be all black by tommorow night !

Baby blue???????? You might as well paint it pink ya queer:p