The official V8 build begins

Thanks Guys! Things are going to move along finally. Hopefully ill have it in car tommorow. Then the fab starts..

LL,

That looks amazing....
Please hook us up when you install it. =)

That turned out real nice. Those valvecovers are da bomb for the money.

BTW, how are you going to put oil in it?? I'm guessing you'll be putting some kind of -12 fitting on the cover for a vent line or vacuum pump.

Brett,

It should have similar potential to Dusty's combination.
So I am thinking maybe 5.2-5-3 in the 1/8 and 7.9 - 8.2 in the 1/4.
I am not sure if LL want s to play that hard but the combination will have that ability.
To be honest the turbo is ready for that chassis to be in the 4.8/7.4 range but the heads will be a restriction long before the turbo can make that power.

Exactly , the heads are going to be the limit. My wallet is at the limit too:redface:

Just an update . I started on the headers yesterday. This is the drivers side. The pass is going to be a duplicate. They are mild steel 1 3/4. The crossover is going to be 3 inch dia.

I have also ordered a PTC converter and powerglide thru Dusty.

Thanks for having the patience with me DB!:D

Attachments

• my headers.JPG
    my headers.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 3,102
Thaks guys. Here is the header with the collector installed. In its final form the collector will be much shorter and have a VBand flange.;)

Attachments

• My header2.JPG
    My header2.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 3,082
John, I doubt that Ill run Orlando. I have been reassigned at work so the time to finish the car is not gonna be there. I have redirected my anger at these headers. I dont think I would have made them so fast otherwise. So far i have about 20 hrs in them. I have tigged about 40% of tubes and flanges.

Attachments

• My header3.JPG
    My header3.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,143
LL.

Looking good I hope things went well with the potential promotion!!!
Let me know when you fire her up!