The official V8 build begins

Any more eye candy shots?;)

Im trying to finalize the wategate mounting. Once thats done , I will be sending the hot side out for coating. I still have to choose which coating to have done and by whom. Quite a few guys are having good luck with shiny silver coatings on Turbo stuff now days.

I should have some pics of the turbo oil scavenge pump install by weeks end.

Next is building the cold side tubing which should be nice and expensive..LOL.. I hope to have some more new pics 2 show in the next few weeks.

Here is a little update. I had to move the IC around and cut into the fender so the pips would clear the hood when closed:eek:

Attachments

• IC pipes.JPG
    IC pipes.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,938
  • ICpipes 2.jpg
    ICpipes 2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,976
Cal ,
Kinda what I do for you...wait and wait.:p :tongue:

Jeez Ed has turned more wrenches on this car and he lives 1hr away!:D

Hey ED!

well I don't have a Grand National(sore subject) but I do have a pretty cool V8 that Luis helped me put together.
I have learned alot from Luis, Cal, and from the group here fixing up their GN's, Turbo T's etc..

things like torque strap, Mickey Thompson DR's, Convo-Pro's SPAL fans, certain Fel-Pro gaskets, GM cooling tabs, certain techniques and procedures for working on cars and drag racing.
Heck I even had my exhaust guy set the tailpipes up as inspired by Grand Nationals!!
So here is a pic of my 12.4 n/a,4100 lb w/o driver combo that Luis helped me put together....

IMG_2006-1.jpg

thanks buddy

hey get that Ford of my thread! Now that thing needs a BW S400 at 12PSI... can u say 10 sec 4100 lb truck! ON MT DR's!

hey get that Ford of my thread! Now that thing needs a BW S400 at 12PSI... can u say 10 sec 4100 lb truck! ON MT DR's!

you know darn well you have a soft spot for that truck :)

look closely at the front of the truck and you will see the very very first mod we ever out on in back in 1997........

man did I mention I even have a PI converter just like alot of the GN's use ;)

Edward

Yup I see it !;) BTW we need to sell that converter and go with a PTC converter, I bet it picks up.

Yup I see it !;) BTW we need to sell that converter and go with a PTC converter, I bet it picks up.

I called them when you recommended them last year. They do not make one for the odd ball transmission in my truck...

In any case you are right a freshen up/higher stall/multi-disc would be nice..

That PI 9.5" converter was one of the best things we put in the truck.

My new stage/launch technique is.......

1)medium burnout
2)up to the line(no deep stage)
3)sit there at idle with foot on gas
4)floor it on last yellow

...at that point it flashes to 3k and a 1.6xx 60' 2 out of 3 times ;)

Oh now you have to jump in my post too!!!!

Just give me an ET to shoot for thats all;)

The cost?

Just asking whats the cost on building a motor like that with all the fab work to and headers?

Just asking whats the cost on building a motor like that with all the fab work to and headers?

A motor like mine will cost anywhere from 8k to 13k to build. Its gonna depend on expected power output. The fab work can run up 2-4 k depending on the shop and materials. Thats where doing your own work pays off. I have learned alot. Sure it takes forever, but I could not afford to farm that work out. :cool:

How much more work is needed until you can finally turn the key and hear that puppy rumble?