The official V8 build begins

Shooting for August or sooner. I just finished all of the IC tubing. Things are starting to get to get tight under there. I need the car to move under its own power by then. I have 2 jobs coming up, a TSM style car and a S2 street car project and will need the space.

v8 turbo build

I hope to see you and cal run in the world street nationals this year oct 29 to 11/3 in orlando..We need some gn cars out their this year to show that we can still keep up with the big boys.I know dave ficus and mike with the white t showed last year,but didn't make it to the finals.Maybe galina/freeman racing can show up as well.If I'm done with my car in time with funds available.I will run in the drag radial class and pull some 60ft wheelies,just to show up to represent the turbo buicks..hope to see you guys there,and many other turbo buick owners this year.we need more turbo buicks to show up and participate in this great event..
sorry so long and not to take over thread louie(lol)..

I really would like to see you guys run this year!!

I would love for that to be possible. Im confident that the car could get into the middle of the pack.That is using last years numbers. But with over 90 cars qualifying for Drag Radial last year, and the current crop of 7.30-7.50 Drag Radial cars, i may be quite mistaken about getting into the pack at all. It will be interesting to see how the current economy will affect the turn out at WSN.

As an update Im sure Cal will have no dog there. His stuff is all sold and gone. Maybe hes the smart one here ?

Fiscus unfortunately broke a timing chain just last weekend.

So unless things go great on my end, the car runs and I can test before October , I wont be there at all.

On another update, My headers are on their way back from the coaters as we speak , that should get me moving somewhat. Im ticking along with the fuel system. Im dreading doing the new electrical stuff. The car now has 4 electrical pumps, 2 water pumps, one fuel and one oil for the turbo. New boost controller and ignition. I dont even wanna think about it.:eek: lol

If I could sell the TTA i could really just pay someone to finish it:D

official v8 build

I know cal has the lsx motor now,but haven't seen him run with it yet.As for all your accessories,sounds like maybe you may need two batteries and a big alternator :D (lol).Well as for my car I'm in the same boat,trying to get everything done while helping other friends with their cars as well.I just picked up cal's converter he used before going v8.Hopefully I can get it done before wsn.I will be on vacation all that week to enjoy the show.

I would love for that to be possible. Im confident that the car could get into the middle of the pack.That is using last years numbers. But with over 90 cars qualifying for Drag Radial last year, and the current crop of 7.30-7.50 Drag Radial cars, i may be quite mistaken about getting into the pack at all. It will be interesting to see how the current economy will affect the turn out at WSN.

As an update Im sure Cal will have no dog there. His stuff is all sold and gone. Maybe hes the smart one here ?

Fiscus unfortunately broke a timing chain just last weekend.

So unless things go great on my end, the car runs and I can test before October , I wont be there at all.

On another update, My headers are on their way back from the coaters as we speak , that should get me moving somewhat. Im ticking along with the fuel system. Im dreading doing the new electrical stuff. The car now has 4 electrical pumps, 2 water pumps, one fuel and one oil for the turbo. New boost controller and ignition. I dont even wanna think about it.:eek: lol

If I could sell the TTA i could really just pay someone to finish it:D

Headers are back from the coaters. They were done by QC coatings in Michigan.Not back for my 1st set of headers and crossover. I learned a lot. Next set should be lots easier.

100_1008.jpg
[/IMG]
100_1007.jpg
[/IMG]

Turned out nice Louie.

Better hurry. Bradenton is right around the corner, we're making arrangements now. Looking at renting an RV out of Tampa and staying at the track.

That looks great Louie!!!!! I can't imagine send it to and from hawaii.:eek:

Yeah I imagine that would be lots of $$$$. I saved considerably even including shipping going wih this place. They are very popular over on Yelllowbullet.com. Lots of happy customers there.

Turned out nice Louie.

Better hurry. Bradenton is right around the corner, we're making arrangements now. Looking at renting an RV out of Tampa and staying at the track.

Dusty, The car wont make it. But ill be there cheering u on!

I'll call later. If we don't get an RV, where's the best area to stay close to the track?

There will be so many people there we see no need to leave the track. Plenty of stuff going on to keep everyone amused:D

There is a cluster of hotels right off the Bradenton exit and I4. But the RV idea sounds better. I plan to take mine along with a few friends.

There is a cluster of hotels right off the Bradenton exit and I4. But the RV idea sounds better. I plan to take mine along with a few friends.

And exactly where will you be parked??...:biggrin: jk

Has the storm messed up any of yall's stuff?...

Were OK. My house took some water thru the windows. Seems like most houses facing east - west had some kinda water problem. But no flooding. Just gotta dry the carpets.

John,
Thanks. I will send you a email later tonight.