The official V8 build begins

Yup thats it! Its the in "thing" now. I guess its just enough to keep the rule makers of your back..

Louie I saw your post over on yellow bullet about the mufflers.... its hard to tell in the pictures but is the muffler held on by v-bands? Also is there any material packing inside of it?

Car looks really good when is the goal to have it running?

The muffler is being held by 4 very small bolt and nuts. Some guys are even using rivets to attach the dissimilar metals.I coulnt find any high quaility rivets in my area. This is common when not using a dual stainless/alum Vband. The mufflers have very very little packing , about a 1/4's thickness.

I hope to have it running tonight or tommorow.

Yea, with what plug wires :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's going to take you 2 days to make the plug wires for the passenger side. :tongue: :tongue: . And how are you going to get those hoofs in there.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You don't have to make plug wires for a small block chevy....remember we can buy parts already made to fit at Wal-Mart:biggrin:

You don't have to make plug wires for a small block chevy....remember we can buy parts already made to fit at Wal-Mart:biggrin:

LOL...I should have gone to walmart ! I will have to modify the wires I purchased..They are under the header models. Unfortunately I guess I was supposed to route them into the trunk and back cause they are way too long.

Oh BTW She finally runs! Thanks to Carl for coming over and getting her started for me. Started on the 1st crank. He will be back tomorrow for some fine tuning.Thanks to Holly too for letting him come over..LOL

Here is a vid. Its a little cold here...so we have to tweak her some more'

LOL...I should have gone to walmart !

You probably did you cheap bastard :tongue:

Oh BTW She finally runs!

'bout fuking time

Thanks to Carl for coming over and getting her started for me. Started on the 1st crank.

Was he worn out?:rolleyes:

He will be back tomorrow for some fine tuning.Thanks to Holly too for letting him come over..LOL

He has to get the permission slip signed first. :biggrin:

Its a little cold here...

What low 70s

Congrads, are you bringing the car to Reynolds or is your sorry a$$ coming w/o the car?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Louie how is that car runnin!

Have not been on here in a while i'mcurious how your car is working how fast has it gone!

Here is the best pass so far. This was at BG in May. I have not been to the track since. Had some valve spring issues I have yet to fix. Im confident with the correct valve springs it will run 3-4 more MPH at this level. This was at 20 PSI with a 1.65 60 ft.

Just looking through old threads and saw this.

Louie, I noticed you are using a solid stocker type motor mount. At what power level should you run a motor plate and mid plate? Or is the little m block have strong enough motor mount bosses??