The official V8 build begins

Whats involved in the wiring harness upgrade to V8? Is it just reconfiguring the ECU and making a V8 injector harness, or do you got to run a whole new engine harness? This is a good build up thread. I have toyed with the change to V8 a couple times and always wondered whats involved. With all the Chevy guys up here at the track, buying a long block would be alot cheaper then doing a StageII.

Whats involved in the wiring harness upgrade to V8? Is it just reconfiguring the ECU and making a V8 injector harness, or do you got to run a whole new engine harness? This is a good build up thread. I have toyed with the change to V8 a couple times and always wondered whats involved. With all the Chevy guys up here at the track, buying a long block would be alot cheaper then doing a StageII.

In my case I have a FAST stand alone engine harness. I can reuse the V6 injector harness and just add the other 2 plugs and wires and be set. Or i can just buy another injector harness outright. The XFI just has to be switched to the proper config.. Really its going to run just like the stage motor was . Its going to use a crank sensor ..which is going to be the crank trigger and the cam sensor is coming off the magnetic pu in the ditributor.

In my case I have a FAST stand alone engine harness. I can reuse the V6 injector harness and just add the other 2 plugs and wires and be set. Or i can just buy another injector harness outright. The XFI just has to be switched to the proper config.. Really its going to run just like the stage motor was . Its going to use a crank sensor ..which is going to be the crank trigger and the cam sensor is coming off the magnetic pu in the ditributor.

Your cheap ass will just put 2 new plugs in:biggrin:

Pistons came in today :wink:

Attachments

• JE pistons.JPG
    JE pistons.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 3,265
Heads and block should be in on Friday. I then have to take a drive to Champion to pick up. Ill post up as soon as i have em..:)

Id like to have it running by my B-day in late March.. Time doesnt seem to be an issue.. but somehow i know money will...

Good luck with it all! I am jealous, similar setup to what I have been dreaming of for years now. I sold my chebbie stuff & holding out for the BB Buick stuff to get going, and the truck load of money to get dropped off :)

If you still have trouble on the rods, check out Welcome to Ohio Crankshaft
might have what you need. Had a booth next to them at PRI show, nice people & nice stuff, also heard good stuff on them over the years. They had a 3.75 stroke 400 main crank 4140 too, which was my plan. I planned on 6" long rods & custom pistons myself, planned on buzzing it up there 8500+ :cool:

Holler if you need suspension help with it too, gonna be a LOT of HP & TQ there ;)

Unfortunately it will be low.. Like 8.8 to 1. I was looking for 9.5 to 1 just coulnt do it with the off the shelf piston and combustion chamber on the brodix head.

GRP alum rods are here !

Now I just need the block :rolleyes:

Attachments

• GRP rods.JPG
    GRP rods.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,537