You can type here any text you want

The Perfect 109 Block Build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scrobbyd

What do you guys think? What parts belong? What Parts or Wrong? And what else could you add to perfect this build on a stock block?

GN-1 Aluminum Heads or TA Performance Aluminum Heads
w/RJC Head Gaskets
ARP Head Studs
Diamond Pistons
K-1 Connecting Arms
Eagle Crank
RJC Girdle
Center Billet Mains
Roller Cam Set Up

Just curious :biggrin:

I would add a wet-sump external oiling system to do it right.

What do you guys think? What parts belong? What Parts or Wrong? And what else could you add to perfect this build on a stock block?

GN-1 Aluminum Heads or TA Performance Aluminum Heads
w/RJC Head Gaskets
ARP Head Studs
Diamond Pistons
K-1 Connecting Arms
Eagle Crank
RJC Girdle
Center Billet Mains
Roller Cam Set Up

Just curious :biggrin:

I would do all four billet caps with girdle(overkill):biggrin:
deep sump oil pan
new champion intake or sheetmetal
rjc pulleys
rjc head clamps
(heads gaskets?)check others
Ta performance headers
Big injectors/turbo
Stroker crankshaft-eagle
billet distributor
crank trigger
maybe some block fill
good cubic inch :smile:

just a few...I'm sure others will chime in

A block that has been sonic tested to measure the thickness of the block. All the best parts don't mean squat if ur block breaks. There not all the same so why chance it?

A block that has been sonic tested to measure the thickness of the block. All the best parts don't mean squat if ur block breaks. There not all the same so why chance it?

Exactly. If you plan on over 750hp use a better block. Under 750hp you will be ok for a while if you have a clean detonation free tune. Why throw $5000 worth of parts ( or a lot more with a billet crank)and lots of machining at a $300 block when you have better choices unless you are required to run that block for class racing. Imo its the same as putting a stock rotator in a stage 2 or TA block.

Looks like a nice build, ditch the girdle, with a forged crank and billet caps it is not needed. Let your machinist order the pistons, just let him know the head cc's, thickness of the head gasket you intend to run and the compression you want. Your machinist must be really, really good at his craft and know turbo charged engine prep.
Mike

Ok, now that we all pretty much agree on parts, however I did leave out Earl Brown timing cover. What info do we need to provide an engine builder/machinest in order to set this build up perfectly? Clearences, rods, pistons, crank and stuff of this nature, do's and don'ts. Basically when this block is finish and a ton of money spent any member on this board would feel confident in their set-up to last with the correct tune.

Basically when this block is finish and a ton of money spent any member on this board would feel confident in their set-up to last with the correct tune.

At what power level? Id be confident up to 700hp. Beyond that i wouldnt be too confident. Especially since the tuning part is the biggest problem area for most.

At what power level? Id be confident up to 700hp. Beyond that i wouldnt be too confident. Especially since the tuning part is the biggest problem area for most.

I couldn't agree more. The best engine build in the world won't last without the proper tuning.

I heard it is impossible to get A DLS rotating assembly to run faster than mid nines for more than 6 passes. Even worse if you let a girl drive it!!!

I just cant figure out how Claridge did it. He must be running a V8.

I also heard if you run an 8 second pass, your engine will blow on the next run.

I am so bloody confused I wouldn't be any help with this thread. I just sit back and leave it to the experts.

Call Dan Strezo and ask him. It may take a while for him to get back to you though. For some reason he is always swamped, but some how he makes this 109 stuff live.

Eagle crank:eek:

Bythe way, Thanks for all your help this weekend Cal. I am gonna try to limit myself to Only four phone calls per week next year.:biggrin: I am just giving you a heads up now.

Are you thinking of all the extra time your gonna have on your hands???

You know I am fibbing right.

Back