You can type here any text you want

The very best radiator available?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robertf

So lets say money being no object {Hypothetically of course}, what would be the best radiator/fan combo you would choose for street application? As an example I really like GN1's $800.00 extreme 3" combo. I'm not to up to date on radiators so recommendations are welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You will probably get a lot of "Alradco" brand from the members. No cheap , but tons of good reviews. MADE IN USA!!

So lets say money being no object {Hypothetically of course}, what would be the best radiator/fan combo you would choose for street application? As an example I really like Scotts {GNS} $800.00 extreme 3" combo. I'm not to up to date on radiators so recommendations are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
The most efficient radiator will have two rows of 1"wide cooling tubes. Any other type of core will be heavier and less efficient. I'm talking about any radiator with three or more rows of cooling tubes. The F body radiator will be less efficient and lighter because it has one row of 1"wide cooling tubes.It does a good job however. The only radiator with two rows of 1" wide cooling tubes,petcock in stock location,same diameter inlet and outlet tubes as the stock radiator,and an oil cooler is the Alradco radiator.

http://www.alradco.com/grand-national-turbo-buick/

Ive seen alot of these threads and I honestly think that its more of what you run INSIDE the radiator that counts. I dont think you need a 800 combo when an FBody rad is supposedly great. Run RM125 or whatever that stuff is....Im not an expert so Im sure someone will tell me that im full of ca ca

I bought the Ron Davis GN radiator. Very nice although set up slightly different. The oil cooler is in the same location, but the trans. cooler is on the driver side. More efficient coolers and not back to back, crossflow pattern for better cooling and it came with dual SPAL fans. Not cheap, but a very nice unit. Fits perfectly.
John

Alradco here. 160 stat, dist H2O, bottle of RMI25. Idle at 165/170* in 95* heat. Runs close to stat on the road.
The "s" hose is gone, and the stat has 3 - 3/32" holes in it.
Works for me.:smug:

I bought the Ron Davis GN radiator. Very nice although set up slightly different. The oil cooler is in the same location, but the trans. cooler is on the driver side. More efficient coolers and not back to back, crossflow pattern for better cooling and it came with dual SPAL fans. Not cheap, but a very nice unit. Fits perfectly.
John
This radiator has two rows of 1" wide cooling tubes,so it will be as efficient as you can get. Actually,since this thread is about buying a radiator where money is no object,a radiator with one row of 2" wide cooling tubes would out perform anything else on the market. I didn't mention this in my earlier post because it would have to be custom made and would cost $1,000.00 or more.

Back