You can type here any text you want

They're coming......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
THEY'RE HEEEEREEEEE..!:cool:

Ok, so most people won't care about these wheels b/c they don't appear much different but these are custom Stock units that I had made to my own width and back spacing to fit the tires I just bought. I've been waiting 3 months for them and I just received one of them today:

These little rascles are 15x9" with a 5" BS.

IMG_5932.JPG
IMG_5933.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

I really needed a wider rim than the 15x8"s from G-body b/c the 265/50-15 tires buldge too much at the sidewall with the 8" wide wheels so I had some 9" wide versions made. I also didn't want a "deep dish" look so I increased the BS to 5" in order to try and keep the wheel fairly stock looking. I will need to run a 1"-1.25" spacer behind them which I still need to calculate the exact width and purchase, but this will be just fine since I won't be racing with these wheels anyway and it should look pretty good with a 265/50 tucked nicely in the wheel well but still look very stock from the side of the car.

When I get them mounted up I'll post the new pics but for now below is the G-Body 15x8" with 4" BS and you can see the amount of tire bulge there is:

IMG_5598.JPG

VERY Nice!!!! Certainly worth the wait! :)

I got one mounted on the rim tonight. The second wheel hadn't shown up yet before I went to get this one mounted.

IMO, It looks PERFECT and it matches the front tires really well.
The 15x9 is in the back.

A new issue has come to my attention with the 15x8's. I was told that these were 15x8's which is why I bought them off a board member here but they measure 15x7" bead-to-bead (15x8 outside lip)... I left a message for Brian at G-Body asking him what they should measure.. I hope these are right b/c I don't want to go ballistic on the guy I bought them from!:mad::mad: My gut feeling is that I got ripped off!:mad:

IMG_5936.JPG

I have 15x9 prostars with 4.5 bs and 275-50/15 fit fine with no rubbing. You may not need a spacer at all.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1371250728.364533.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I do need spacers I just did the measurements and trial fit and a 1" spacer should do it leaving me about 1/2" clearance to the frame.;)

ks

stock rims are 15x 7 and thats measured between the beads
an 8" should measure 8" inside bead to bead ...you got snookered

CRAP..
I sent him a PM to see if he'd be willing to take them back. I only drove it once out of the garage for about 100ft and that's it...

I could use them on the front I suppose but the powder coating on the wheels don't look that great..

ks

Great news, He is willing to stand by the sale and take these back if I decide that I don't want them.

KS

Finally, All mounted up!
Excuse the 1 year worth of dust on it..o_O

Final specs:
Rears Custom 15x9" w/ 5" BS using a 1" thick wheel adapter. With 265/50-15 Hankooks this gives me about 3/4" of clearance between the frame and tire on both sides of the car.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Back