You can type here any text you want

Think I Found 1 of my Problems???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaJoker

DUMB QUESTION MEMBER
I was tinkering around under the hood of the TTA trying to locate an exhaust leak when I noticed that my vacuum block was cracked and when you touch it you could hear the air leak. It was the 2 end connections closest to the driver. What kind of drivability problems would this cause if any??? :confused:

Thanks Lee, I looked at the website but I missed the vacuum block...Go figure. It will be ordered real soon. :)

I forgot, wasn't the stock one metal? The metal was cracked? That's a bit unusual, no?

Stock ones are plastic I thought, but it is cracked on both. Hmmm I wonder if this is why I have been having a detonation problem!!!

Yeah the crack in the vacuum block will cause a lot of problems. It just won't run right at any rpm. The stock vacuum block is plastic and they're pretty brittle. I broke the brake booster port off mine pulling on the hose. I don't think that the leak would case detonation but you never really know.

I posted this on General Turbo Buick Tech as well as here and 1 reply stated that the first connector was some sort of vacuum source(that connection is cracked) and the second connector(also cracked)coming from the back of the motor fed the MAP sensor, I figured that might cause a lean or rich condition which may be the cause of my detonation. We will see I just ordered the part.

Back