You can type here any text you want

Thinking about a S10 digital dash swap. What do I need for Speedo and tach?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Unfortunately I have not done anything yet. I do have everything I need. I got a spare dash bezel to chop up, the correct sensors, and plan to use a combination of the '85 Camaro speedo guts with optical sensor and '92 Camaro dual buffer that I got to send the 2 pulse signal to the ECM and 4 pulse to the new speedo. Not sure when I will get back into this as I have been consumed project wise and work has kept me busy.
I know someone with this gauge clusterbonstalled on a gn but has a ls swap. He told me it was fairly easy. Just not fully detailed install since I had the convo thru social media, guess its harder on theorginal gn engine

I know someone with this gauge clusterbonstalled on a gn but has a ls swap. He told me it was fairly easy. Just not fully detailed install since I had the convo thru social media, guess its harder on theorginal gn engine

The hard part with us is getting the speed sensor signal worked out. The factory fuel sender works fine. The water temp and oil pressure senders can be pulled from the donor car and are a direct bolt in for our cars.

The hard part with us is getting the speed sensor signal worked out. The factory fuel sender works fine. The water temp and oil pressure senders can be pulled from the donor car and are a direct bolt in for our cars.
Would the speed sensor from the donar car work just as the others? Or is that a dumb question? Not too knowledgeable on that, just been noticing that almost all gm parts are interchangeable .

Unfortunately not. They have the sensors in the trans, which are 700-R4's. They don't fit and have different gears on them anyway. Our speed sensors are optical units that sense 2 pulses per revolution and are built into the speedometer, so you still need a cable. One way may be to get an in trans speed sensor from a TTA to avoid this, but you would still need the '92 Camaro dual output buffer module.

Finally an update!! I got it in and everything is working except oil and temp, however I know what to do on those. Just out of time. I'll do a writeup later, but here is a teaser:
IMG_20170110_215635823.jpg

Wow! Super sick! i had contemplated this dash, I even bought it, but later decided it was far beyond my skill set ... look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really wanted to do the GNX dash, but the backlit gauges I want will cost me about %1500+ once I'm done. This was a bit of work and definitely old school, but it really feels at home in this car.

I really wanted to do the GNX dash, but the backlit gauges I want will cost me about %1500+ once I'm done. This was a bit of work and definitely old school, but it really feels at home in this car.

It really does, my friend had it on his ls1 swap and that where I got the idea... but what concerned me was the whole alternator bulb issue. But looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My alternator bulb circuit went south a long time ago, so I added the resistor to bypass it. I think you could get around it by wiring it to the ABS light circuit and that would do the trick.

Im loving this I can't wait for the write up.

I have one of those dashes sitting right here.

Back