You can type here any text you want

THinking about an ultrachip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rodimus_Prime

Dirty Bird
This is the setup I'll be acquiring shortly

1989 Turbo Trans AM
TA49 Turbo
42.5 injectors
3 inch downpipe, 3 inch borla catback
RJC power plate
SS mass air pipe and K&N
70MMTB
Walbro 340
Ported Heads, stronger springs

I was looking at the one on Poston Enterprises is this somehow different than the Casper one?

I like the fact that that theres multiple tunes that can be stored, this is kinda what im looking for

1- some type of will not start thing for theft
2- valet mode so no morons can joy ride it if its in for work to be done
3 - stock setting
4. low boost , 93 octane (economy)
5 - high boost 93 octane (I can run this in the event of running out of methanol)
6 - high boost 93/methanol injection aka "kill mode"

How well would the poston one play nice with the above mentioned mods or is this a kinda custom job, ive heard places can reprogram these ultrachip things to whatever changes you want, who does that and can give me the setup like I have mentioned?

I have the caspers thumbwheel chip and i love it!! I sent it to eric at Turbo Tweak and had him to program my #7 setting for alky and it work's great;) This way you get the best of both world's (Caspers & Turbo Tweak):biggrin:

Don't use it unless you send it off to Eric to get programmed right...

The settings that come are not that good IMO, my car ran like crap on each setting. Popped Jay's chip in and clean as a whislte. He is reprogramming mine when I get around to drivin that car again...

With the adjustability of chip now, not sure there is much of a reason to use one of those. There are some good chip out on the market. I personally use the Turbo Tweak chips and I am happy with them. I would never buy a chip from Poston's either. Some of the top chip guys are Turbo Tweak, Bob Bailey, and Jay Carter. I would go with one of those guys. My $.02. :p

www.turbotweak.com or check the home page for Full Throttle's website. Bob Bailey does the chip sold on that site.

Don't use it unless you send it off to Eric to get programmed right...

The settings that come are not that good IMO, my car ran like crap on each setting. Popped Jay's chip in and clean as a whislte. He is reprogramming mine when I get around to drivin that car again...

This is true but what i like is on a long trip i can put it on #2 stock setting, turn the alky off and get 20mpg without having to pull my right kick panel off and change chip's.;) It's the conveinance of it i like.

Okey dokey.

Let's start a poll. Who has what.

If you keep it in the vacuum, you get good mileage. I logged 26 mpg almost in full race tune.....on the way to the track. (85 miles to track) Kept it at a modest 60-62 mph. Got to the track upped my timing.

From what ive been reading about customer service at above mentioned, I would be very hesitant.

get Bobs chip and you can adjust it for lean cruise, Erics chip and adjustable features as well

want good highway miles...add 3 oz of acetone per 10 gals of fuel

like mentioned..keep it in vacuum and tool around

Back