Thinking of buying a TrailBlazer SS

My GCSRT8 is the most fun i have had in a while. Much nicer and faster on every way to a TBSS. There are some goods deals out there now on them. I got rid of all mmy cars and just drive it now. If I need to tow I can use my F350 dually.
Mike

For the price the TBSS is a very nice ride. But.....IMO the SRT-8 Jeep is the best SUV ever built for all around perfomance and comfort and I know a few guys that even tow car trailers with them. Drivetrain is a weak spot if you do many mods though. Good luck with whatever you decide! I would suggest driving them both.

I luv both trucks. I have the jeep, ask Dr boost how fast my jeep is compared to his tbss. For the money hands down tbss his a bad ass truck especially if your going to mod. It's 4wd, it can tow, responds to mods, so many dif options and looks good.

HTH

Thnaks everyone

Well I got an 08 TBSS and yes it will tow my GN sometimes, I will do the upgrades, to make it last. Thanks to everyone. I will post pixs soon

Well I got an 08 TBSS and yes it will tow my GN sometimes, I will do the upgrades, to make it last. Thanks to everyone. I will post pixs soon

congrats on the purchase
what is the weight of the TBSS?
and how much does your GN and trailer weigh?
i have been on the same TBSS mission but i wasn't sure if it could handle towing a heavy car on a heavy trailer.
So recently i started looking at full size subs instead

I'm on the fence between an Avalanche and the TBSS. My local tuner suggested the Avalanche as more practical and will get better gas mileage?

Thoughts?

congrats on the purchase
what is the weight of the TBSS?
and how much does your GN and trailer weigh?
i have been on the same TBSS mission but i wasn't sure if it could handle towing a heavy car on a heavy trailer.
So recently i started looking at full size subs instead

The TBSS should handle towing just fine. The pic in my sig is my 05 Rainier towing my GN.

I'm on the fence between an Avalanche and the TBSS. My local tuner suggested the Avalanche as more practical and will get better gas mileage?

Thoughts?

Julio, for what you will use it for, the Avalanche is the better vehicle. The 5.3 will tow your open trailer just fine, will get 20 MPG on the highway and 16 in town, and the trans will last longer then the TBSS will.

The TBSS is a sweet vehicle but you won't be hotrodding it...

Julio, for what you will use it for, the Avalanche is the better vehicle. The 5.3 will tow your open trailer just fine, will get 20 MPG on the highway and 16 in town, and the trans will last longer then the TBSS will.

The TBSS is a sweet vehicle but you won't be hotrodding it...

What is the hp on the 5.3 Avalanche? My Rainier is a 5.3 300hp and pulls ok but not as good as the 6.0 with 400hp.

i wasn't talking about HP
i am concerned with the proper tow vehicle to towed vehicle ratio thing.
as i will be towing about 126 miles each way:eek::eek:

here it is

I don't tow often so I am not that worried, but it will get upgraded where needed. Thanks everyone

1.gif

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Avy HP rating is probably 325. But it has less parasitic loss as it isn't AWD...

The new ones 2007.5-201x have a higher rating as well. Not 400 though...

5.3 also is the most fuel efficient of any V8 truck engine that is produced by GM.

I had a Trailblazer (non-ss) and now I have an Avalanche.

For MY purposes, the Avy is a lot better. But I have the need to haul items in the bed frequently. I also tow a variety of trailers (jet skis, car trailer, etc). My old TB would do all these things (except haul in the bed), but not as well as I would have liked. I've witnessed first hand, the TBSS tow thru some IMPRESSIVE hills.

Both are comfortable vehicles. Both have extensive forum support on the internet. Both have some nice mods that can be done.

I like the TB for the way it drives. The Avy reminds you that you are driving a large vehicle. That's fine with me, but for driving in the city it can be cumbersome.

My Avy is the older model. The newer has many nice improvements to the interior, suspension, brakes and steering. Also, some years of the Av came with a 6.0L and some of the older came in a 3/4 ton version with the 8.1L.

My favorite 'feature' of the Avy is the midgate. Being able to throw 4x8 sheets of plywood or drywall is GREAT!

That's my opinion. I know there are several other Avy owners on this board.

5.3 also is the most fuel efficient of any V8 truck engine that is produced by GM.

Not bad. I am on a tune, 3inch exhaust and a cold air kit and get 22-23 mpg highway and 16-17 around town.

I do run 93 on the tune though.