You can type here any text you want

Thinking of getting F.A.S.T....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane

Hey guys-
I'm thinking of getting F.A.S.T. for my car. The car is basically stock, all the freeby mods (air filter, Walbro 307 hw, etc). It has stock the stock turbo, stock injectors, etc. Basically a stock car with the wick turned up a bit.
I'm upgrading to a TA-49 soon with Blue Tops or higher and I know I don't need F.A.S.T., but I want it. I'm very interested in using it and learning it.
Would going with FAST be a mistake with my current combo, or could I iron out the problems. The car is daily driven.
Also, where is the best place to purchase FAST?

I know Mike has one for sale right now. It may be best to call someone like Jack Cotton for advice on something like that. I will try this link to his post:
Mike's FAST system

I'd try calling Jack Cotton, www.cottonsperformance.com
or Dale cherry,Berrel Auto, although Jack is proably closer
Both are GN guys and both are FAST dealers, imo if it ain't broke dont fix it, i think you can go pretty far with chips etc.

Good Luck

I started off exactly where you're going. TA49 and bluetops and a FAST BtoB. The nice thing about starting where you are is the combo is pretty forgiving to minor tuning mistakes. It's a real good place to start learning from. When you start with a larger turbo, more cam, better heads (higher HP combo) small mistakes lead to lifting heads, breaking parts, stuff that really tries your patience and takes away from the fun of the car.

Originally posted by 10SV6
I started off exactly where you're going. TA49 and bluetops and a FAST BtoB. The nice thing about starting where you are is the combo is pretty forgiving to minor tuning mistakes. It's a real good place to start learning from. When you start with a larger turbo, more cam, better heads (higher HP combo) small mistakes lead to lifting heads, breaking parts, stuff that really tries your patience and takes away from the fun of the car.

You confused me for a minute, but I think I get what you are saying. You mean that by starting with my combo I can afford to screw up a bit with the FAST and won't destroy my car. If I had all of the other high performance items already, I could do lots of damage with a FAST. That's basically it, right?

Also, guys what are the advantages of Bank to Bank versus Sequential? I'm drawn towards Sequential just because are cars are SFI to begin with, but the majority on here seem to use Bank to Bank.

Is it just cost?

Seq provides smoother idle with bigger injectors, less shock on the fuel rail with less pulses, so you could be a bit more forgiving with the fuel system if its lacking!

Back