Thinking of going E85- Info and thoughts please

That is crazy lean at WOT (pig rich may be safe but robs HP) and as mentioned each engine is its own beast and the setup (chosen mods) vary so much and is the reason I stress dyno tuning. One hour on a dyno is less than $200 while a engine rebuild/replacement add's at least another 0.

Dang car fetish, hookers are cheaper! :p

I run 7.5:1 fuel ratio WOT at 5600-6200 rpm on the dyno last month 19lb boost no knock, E85. I have a pretty stout setup and we got a street tune set at 550hp. I run 120lb injectors, 2 DW301 pumps, Teflon lines, and a nice sender made by AZGN. I have been pretty hard on the car with the E85 and with the new tune things have woken up. I would not hesitate changing over, should have done it earlier

View attachment 289044
Rock solid pressure nice. .

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Once you got the cold cranking dialed in she lights almost as good as gas.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Totally agree here .. if you have the tune right .. should be very very little difference .. down to upper 30's I cant even tell .. C16 lights harder

so I assume none has tested fuel output regarding an ol pumphate to replace just to replace especially if the pumps seem to be doing their job. I was just curious to see if anyone had tested their pumps but I guess really if everything looks good on the gauge during the run then its fine. The DW300 looks good price wise at roughly $160 per pump I could just swap out the two Walbros on the hangar and be done. However I am not so sure I need to do that...I know $300 is very little to spend versus what can happen on fuel failure but like I said I've hadno fuel issues.

A fuel pressure transducer on the fuel rail can be useful if you want to see if your pumps are performing

image.jpg

A fuel pressure transducer on the fuel rail can be useful if you want to see if your pumps are performing

View attachment 289057

Thats Nice I will have to get one, i usually just glance over at the gauge but thats not awlays best. Does the transducer just plug into one of the other ports on the PL bar that the wideban uses?

so I assume none has tested fuel output regarding an ol pumphate to replace just to replace especially if the pumps seem to be doing their job. I was just curious to see if anyone had tested their pumps but I guess really if everything looks good on the gauge during the run then its fine. The DW300 looks good price wise at roughly $160 per pump I could just swap out the two Walbros on the hangar and be done. However I am not so sure I need to do that...I know $300 is very little to spend versus what can happen on fuel failure but like I said I've hadno fuel issues.

Put it another way.. Switch over to E85 with those Walblo pumps and in short order you'll be puttting on DW's :)
I haven't had good luck with Walblos and E85

Put it another way.. Switch over to E85 with those Walblo pumps and in short order you'll be puttting on DW's :)
I haven't had good luck with Walblos and E85

Oh yeah? E85 too corrosive for them and chews them up? As I said its not too big of an expense about $300 or so for 2 pumps I'll just swap them out on the hanger.

Oh yeah? E85 too corrosive for them and chews them up? As I said its not too big of an expense about $300 or so for 2 pumps I'll just swap them out on the hanger.

I'm not sure about the E85 being corrosive as much as the pumps weren't designed for E85.

I just cant say enough good about the DW's .. They just perform with E85.. That simple

I'm not sure about the E85 being corrosive as much as the pumps weren't designed for E85.

I just cant say enough good about the DW's .. They just perform with E85.. That simple

understood, thanks for the advice!

Thats Nice I will have to get one, i usually just glance over at the gauge but thats not awlays best. Does the transducer just plug into one of the other ports on the PL bar that the wideban uses?
Yes just wire it into one of the open channels

Looking forward to your feedback when you make the switch
I will post up the results.....I just went to the selling section and saw a set of #120 injectors for a good price LOL! I am currently finishing the moser 12 bolt solid axle conversion in my vette but I am always looking at other things for the Buick. and its the opposite when I'm working on the GN I am looking at things for the vette ha! I will most likely convert it over towards the end of the year when I get the vette finished up. Thanks again for the advice!

An old school mechanical gauge will show you if you are draining the fuel rail. I had too little pump when I switched to E85 with 80 lb injectors. When the injector duty cycle would come up the mechanical gauge would flutter wildly. Went to a double pump setup and the gauge flutter stopped.

running two Reds xp pumps (walbro i guess) for over a year and so far no issues they even sat in the tank for about 6 months. yes transducer is hooked up.
i'll post a log once i get the PL set up again.