third brakelite troubleshotting

FlyinGN

all show no go
Th eother day my 3rd brakelite stopped working.. I put a new bulb in .. nope. Another bulb. Nope. Hmm. Voltage test at the socket says 12v when I pushed the brake., HMMM. Maybe a bad socket. Nope. same thing.. Hmmmm. Did some troubleshotting and found I lost the positive to the point where it would supply 12v until under load.. I checked the wiring diagram and find the power for the lite comes from the brake switch under the dash. Replaced it and solved the problem.. Interesting.. Just wanted everyone to know if they have the same situation..

Frank, I noticed you are in Philly. I'm just across the bridge. I also saw that you are a distributor for testa's chips. Do you have a shop or do you do business from home. I would like to talk to you about these cars and I need some tuning help if you do that sort of thing. Thanks, n2hipsi

hi ya. Me?? Im a distributor for Jims chips? I was not aware.. Why don't ya buy one from jim himself.. Hes a frequent poster under turboJim.. Im not a mechanic.. Not even close.. I just play with my GN.. What kind of tunign do u need? I can maybe help ya.. email me.. Where in Jersey do u live??